YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Provide threat research, detection content development & technical expertise to the Security Monitoring & Analytics (SMA) Service Line.
- Support the SMA Service Line and contribute to SMA's Threat Use Case Lifecycle in designing and implementing anomaly-based detection capabilities.
- Gathering and preparation of data to use in anomaly detection.
- Using analytical tools to detect various patterns, relationships and trends in large data sets.
- Development of statistical and predictive models.
- Contribute to building SMA's knowledge base on threat research.
- Work closely with content engineering team to monitor and tune alerts.
- Conduct research on attack patterns, techniques, and develop creative solutions to detect/prevent adversarial tools, techniques and procedures.
- Collaborate with the Purple Team to enhance the use case efficacy testing through adversary simulation capabilities.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to continuously enhance threat use cases as new products, logs, and capabilities are introduced to the organization.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders in improving the bank's detection posture.
APPLY IF YOU HAVE:
- Diploma or bachelor's degree in engineering, Computer Science / Information Technology or its equivalent is preferred.
- Relevant industry experience in cyber security.
- Proven experience as a Data Scientist or Data Analyst.
- Basic knowledge of Splunk Search Processing Language (SPL) for rule and content development for alerting, metrics, and/or reporting.
- Good understanding of security threats across multiple platforms/environments (e.g., Windows/*nix/Cloud/Mainframe).
- Basic knowledge of Cloud and Container security and in developing security content to detect threats across these (various cloud and container) platforms and/or technologies.
- Very Good Scripting Knowledge (bash / Python / SQL DB's / API's).
- Experience with attacks and mitigation methods, with experience working in two or more of the following:
- Network protocols and secure network design;
- Operating system internals and hardening (e.g. Windows, Linux, OS X, Android);
- Web application and browser security;
- Security assessments and penetration testing;
- Authentication and access control;
- Applied cryptography and security protocols;
- Security monitoring and intrusion detection,
- Incident response and forensics;
- Development of security tools, automation or frameworks.
Good to have:
- Developer or DevOps experience in AWS and/or Azure.
- Previous experience in Linux/Windows administration & automation.
- Previous experience as DevOps or DevSecOps is highly beneficial.
- Previous experience in Splunk App development is highly beneficial
- Relevant industry certifications (e.g., OSCP, OSCE, GREM, GPEN, GFNA, GCFA)
YOU WILL BE OFFERED:
- Career development in a fast-growing company with a clear business strategy
- Opportunity to expand international experience and build global professional relations
- Competitive benefits package (incl. health & life insurance, pension plan, meal & sports cards)
- 3 days of paid volunteering leave our employees can use to support the cause of their choice
- Convenient location (next to Rondo Daszyńskiego) with subway, tram and bus lines and comfortable office space with chillout areas, free coffee/tea & fruit supply
- 26 days of leave per year for all the employees
About Standard Chartered
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
Recruitment assessments - some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website