- Bachelor''s degree or specialised training/certification or equivalent work experience BSc or BCom in Maths, Computer Engineering, Statistics or Actuarial Science
- 3+ years of Data/Business/Risk Analysis, Actuarial or related technical experience.
Key performance areas
- Identify business risk, reporting and data analysis needs for the Risk Mitigation & Strategic Insights team
- Work closely with relevant teams to understand the requirements to resolve issues
- Be able to monitor and maintain solvency of defined contribution funds through the process of asset liability matching
- Be able to monitor and explain mismatches between investment portfolios and underlying instruments
- Provision of data & results that is accurate, congruent and reliable, and ensure the information is easily available to users for direct consumption
- This individual is accountable for providing independent oversight by gathering information, analysing it, and producing structured documentation of the findings to colleagues & management.
- Conduct analyses of functional business processes and functional business requirements and participate in the development of business cases in the support of process changes.
- Understand how data is turned into information and knowledge and how that knowledge supports and enables key business processes.
- Must develop an in-depth understanding of the business environment and an interest in going beyond the obvious, delving into the source, the definition, methodology, and quality of a data element in order to fulfil requirements
Knowledge and skills
- Building an understanding of the business at a level of detail that enables them to identify and address risk and implement solutions.
- Strong reporting skills to present insights concisely
- Problem-solving skills
- Able to work both alone to analyse findings as well as a member of a team to work with other departments.
- Ability to communicate findings
Strong analytical and critical thinking skills