S&P Global Platts
The Role – Data Analyst, Quantitative Analysis
S&P Global Platts is looking for a strong Data Analyst within our Data Science and Modelling Operations Team to work closely with our energy market analysts and Onsite IT team to be responsible for day-to-day data processes and automations. In this role you will look to understand data and apply the applicable business logics and metadata to turn data into information, information into insight and insight into business decisions. You will also work closely with Business Intelligence and IT teams to implement automated workflows, products and processes.Location:
10The Team :
Dynamic Data team tasked with ensuring the integrity of our data and the automation and visualization of processes and data flows. The team is supportive and collaborative with exposure to many business units from modelling to IT. They work great at moving forward with the group’s mission and goals. A new member of this team will hit the ground running and collaborate with his/her team members immediately.The Impact:
This role has a core impact to our data science and modelling team in adding value to our data through data quality and enhancements. This role serves as the backbone of our Data science workbench and you will contribute to turning our data into information and insights.What’s in it for you:
Data is at the core of all our products and strategy, understanding the data from an analytical and technical point of view can open opportunities across the business. An individual who can excel at this role will be known throughout numerous leadership teams – allowing for many opportunities of growth within the first couple of years.Responsibilities:
What We’re Looking For :
- Ability to understand a problem statement and implement analytical solutions & techniques independently being proactive and thought leadership.
- Contribute and manage daily processes ensuring you find, investigate, resolve and report issues to the end users.
- Maintain new and existing data change request backlog to ensure all requests are tracked and completed.
- Prioritise backlog with analysts to ensure our dataset is accurate and up to date.
- To be able to understand market data and apply business metadata to new and existing pipeline data flows and help us deliver market relevant analytics content to internal users, external users and products.
- Fast learner: ability to learn and pick up a new tool/ platform quickly.
- Collaborate and coordinate with wider group of analysts and assist in analytical support of various commodity datasets
- Maintain and modify analytical models and visualize datasets
- To be able to implement and maintain automated workflows, model distributions and monitor outcomes
- To be able to conceptualize, design, and deliver high-quality solutions and insightful analysis.
- Conduct research and prototyping innovations; data and requirements gathering; solution scoping on Platts advanced analytics platforms
- Work closely with stakeholders/ Product owners and diverse group of analysts to identify opportunities in various Platts products and service offerings and leverage technology to drive business solutions.
We are looking for a process orientated, methodological thinker with a keen eye for detail, who has proven experience working and leading structured workflows leveraging Data science technical skills. Someone who enjoys dealing with large sets of data and problem solving. This role would be ideal for someone proactive and eager to learn about various commodity markets or data. The role is a great place to hone your skills and grow within a strong and collaborative team.Requirements:
- University degree in Science, Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics
- Proven working experience of data management as a data analyst
- Ability to retrieve, interrogate, manipulate and analyse data and presenting findings
- Experience of working and leading processes in agile work streams driving data quality and improvement, experience of Visual Studio (VSTS) desirable but not essential
- Experience of working and collaborating with onsite teams essential
- Knowledge of business intelligence tools for analysing datasets and visualizing data
- Strong communication skills over email, instant chat and face-to-face and experience of building constructive working relationships
- A Strong track record and demonstrable interest in analysing data.
- Knowledge/ interest of various commodity markets desirable but not essential.
- Strong knowledge and experience working with databases (MS SQL Server, PostgresSQL)
- Expert level proficiency in at least two of Python, MATLAB and AWS cloud.
- Ability to create efficient solutions to complex problems. Strong skills in data-structures and ML algorithms.
- Experience of working on end-to-end data science pipeline: problem scoping, data gathering, EDA, modelling, insights, visualizations, monitoring and maintenance.
- Problem-solving: Ability to break the problem into small parts and applying relevant techniques to drive required outcomes.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of machine learning, probability theory, statistics, algorithms, NLP and Deep Learning. If you know few of them you are good to go.
- Experience working with Tableau is preferable but not essential.
- Proven working experience in Unified analytics platforms like Databricks is beneficial.
About S&P Global Platts
At S&P Global Platts, we provide the insights; you make better informed trading and business decisions with confidence. We’re the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.S&P Global Platts is a division of S&P Global (NYSE:
SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.platts.com.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), ANLYTC202.1 - Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group)Job ID:
Hyderabad, Telangana, India