Position: Business Intelligence Developer (m/f/x)
Location: Bonn, Germany
Grade: RCS L
Job Type: CDO Performance Management
Closing Date for Applications:17th October 2021
YOU'RE NOT JUST SUPPORTING OUR CUSTOMER'S SUPPLY CHAIN. YOU'RE SOLVING PROBLEMS TO KEEP THEIR PRODUCTS IN MOTION.
At DHL our business is logistics, but people are our passion. With over 500,000 team members in 220 countries, we attract and retain great talent. We are one of the most innovative, most culturally diverse companies on the planet. We provide unmatched opportunities for personal and professional development. We really are a “Best Place to Work.”
DHL Supply Chain Chief Development Office Performance Management is the part of our business that develops and optimizes account management, business development and Marketing processes methodologies globally. This community is here to drive optimization efforts through consistent communication and promotion of changes and new developments including the provision of Marketing and Sales platforms (incl. the CRM solution Salesforce) and their adoption as process enablers. Also, it supports global, regional and local Sales & Marketing teams by providing insights how to optimize Sales & Marketing efforts across all channels and enhance the connected customer experience.
We are offering one exceptional candidate the chance to become a Business Intelligence Developer. As part of the global CDO Performance Management team, this role will be contributing to the success of the global Sales & Marketing community.
What are you accountable for achieving as the Business Intelligence Developer?
- Overlook data integration and data quality improvements (completeness, accuracy, accessibility, security) via ETL and maintain existing databases, e.g. SQL server
- Translate business requests into technical requirements by understanding the purpose and underlying business need
- Design, implement and optimize data models, dataflows and data cubes
- Prototype, develop, verify and maintain measures, reports, dashboards and visualizations using available technology stack (e.g. PowerBI, DAX, M-Query) and develop further as needed
- Support sales & marketing data analyses on regular basis through management of complex data sets in order to measure and improve performance of sales & marketing teams
- Help develop and support best practices, guidance, and technical standards for analytics development within the customer related organization
- Support projects by providing required data/ reports
- Work closely with team members and build a solid network of subject matter experts internally and externally
What will you need to be a successful Business Intelligence Developer?
- University degree in business, mathematics, engineering or other related natural sciences degree, or comparable qualification
- Proven professional experience and profound knowledge with relevant business intelligence tools such as Power BI, Tableau, etc. (min. 2 years of experience)
- Proven programming skills and/or experience in scripting languages (Python) as well as cube design (e.g. SSAS models) and DAX
- Ability to produce creative and analytical solutions and reports based on clear and thorough analyses
- Deeper knowledge of analysis of complex data sets and data models
- Basic knowledge of mathematical optimization and statistics
- Energetic and success oriented problem solver
- Effective working in a team as well as working independently
- Ability to work in a multi-geography and multi-cultural environment
- Excellent in working under pressure
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
What will you get in return?
As a part of a growing DHL population you will get the possibility to bring in your own ideas and help shaping the analytics agenda of the Sales & Marketing function while receive access to a variety of our excellent benefits which could include; pension scheme, medical cover, retail discounts, flexible working, training, development and secondments opportunities and MANY MORE.
What you'll need to do next?
If you have a proven track record of achievement to match the requirements for this role and you are looking for your next career move, simply apply online ensuring that a full up to date CV is attached with your application. Candidates that feel that they are not matching 100% of the requirements are still encouraged to apply.
We will ensure that all our resourcing activities are fair, transparent and consistent across the globe. We want to ensure that the candidate experience is of the highest professional standard.
The Company is committed to providing equality of opportunity for all employees. Furthermore we aim to ensure our workplaces are free from discrimination and that not only employees but also our potential future employees are treated fairly and with dignity and respect. We will ensure that equality of opportunity maintains a high profile in our organization.