Summary of Major Responsibilities:
The Senior Software Engineer will lead a team in designing, delivering, and supporting technology platforms at Thrive. This position will have the opportunity to work at the cutting-edge of the cancer diagnostics industry and expand their skills in a collaborative and fast-paced environment. This is a high-impact role that will work to provide both strategic and operational excellence while helping to develop the overall technology strategy at a premier healthcare company. The Senior Software Engineer will wear many hats and have the capacity to drive numerous complex projects forward simultaneously.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with platform owner on requirements and priorities to ensure constant delivery of software and value creation for Thrive.
- Lead project technical decisions, system security, and delivery.
- Coordinate the production runtime operation and support of platforms in the cloud.
- Oversee an outsourced technical team and collaborate effectively.
- Write test plans and user acceptance testing cases for quality assurance.
- Build design and coding standards to ensure consistency across applications.
- Participate actively and help drive the overall Thrive strategic technology roadmap.
- Ability to work collaboratively in cross-functional teams.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Uphold company mission and values through accountability, innovation, integrity, quality, and teamwork.
- Support and comply with the company’s Quality Management System policies and procedures.
- Maintain regular and reliable attendance.
- Ability to act with an inclusion mindset and model these behaviors for the organization.
- Ability to work designated schedule.
- Ability to work on a mobile device, tablet, or in front of a computer screen and/or perform typing for approximately 50% of a typical working day.
- Ability and means to travel 10% between local Exact Sciences locations.
- Ability to travel 5% of working time away from work location, may include overnight/weekend travel.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Sciences.
- 8+ years of experience in custom software development.
- 5+ years of experience in designing and deploying highly scalable cloud-based solutions (e.g., AWS, Azure, Google).
- 5+ years of experience in designing and deploying systems leveraging a micro-service architecture.
- Advanced understanding in the use of Apache Spark for data processing.
- Advanced understanding in the design and operation of highly secure custom software solutions.
- Proficient with most popular software languages and technology stacks.
- Demonstrated ability working with DevOps and cloud automation.
- Demonstrated ability to teach others on advanced Agile practices.
- Demonstrated ability to perform the Essential Duties of the position with or without accommodation.
- 5+ years of experience in leading globally dispersed software teams.
- Experience in direct management and expertise in associate professional development.
- Strong understanding of machine learning.
- Strong working knowledge of the information technology (IT) control requirements for Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), and Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations.
- Familiarity with Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS), Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS), and clinical and diagnostic test development.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state, or federal law. Applicable portions of the Company’s affirmative action program are available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.