Brighter Futures Start here
As Australia’s biggest and most loved retailer, we’ve been brightening up everyday life for families for over 50 years. At our stores, distribution centres, and offices in Australia and New Zealand. All around the globe. Our diverse and inclusive 47,000 strong team come together for a common cause. Giving families easy access to our on-trend products and incredibly low prices – it’s the heart of everything we do.
As a leader in the retail market, we’re optimistic about our future and yours. We’re relentless in our pursuit for results, but changing at a rapid rate, giving you challenging work that you’ll be proud of. We celebrate your uniqueness and individuality. Because at Kmart it’s not just what you do, it’s who you are that makes every day living brighter.Join the team
We have established a new centralised Customer Insights and Analytics unit to build a deeper understanding of Kmart’s customer behaviour and drive customer centric decision making throughout the organisation.
This role will be a part of Customer Analytics working closely with Kmart’s Customer Support team and supporting them with analytics including Sentiment analysis, workforce forecasting and team performance analysis.What You’ll Be Doing
As a Data Analyst you will:
To Be Successful In This Role You’ll Have
- Working closely with the Customer Support Centre (CSC) team to understand their analytics and data needs
- Building and updating dashboards, understanding the user requirements for data
- Engagement within Customer Support Centre (CSC) and the broader analytics teams to present and discuss results
- Assist in the selection and management of key software vendor relationship
- Gain an understanding of different data sources across the business, the limitations of each, and their purpose
Benefits We’ll Offer You
- Bachelor's degree (ideally in a quantitative field like Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, or Mathematics) with coding ability
- Strong SQL skills are mandatory while Python or R programming skills are helpful to work with large volumes of customer data and extract insights
- Familiarity with enterprise data warehouses and visualisation tools (e.g. PowerBI)
- Prior experience in a ‘hands-on’ data analytics role
- Retail, e-commerce or agency experience, with the ability to think outside the box, apply business logic, and develop bespoke analytical solutions
- Ability to foster strong and impactful relationships with team members, the wider analytics organisation and business stakeholders
- Clear and concise communication style, flexible to suit relevant audience
We’re here to make everyday living brighter
- Flexible working through our Flex Where, Flex When, Flex Well policy. This role can suit you, with a combination of working from home, on the road, in stores and occasionally in Kmart’s National Office in Mulgrave!
- A dynamic learning and support program
- Competitive remuneration
- A discount card for Kmart, Target, Officeworks and Bunnings, plus other benefits
- An inclusive, fun recognition program
- A bonus program (where eligible)
- Free parking
- Development opportunities across Kmart Group (comprised of Kmart, Target and Catch) as well as the broader Wesfarmers Group.
- Wesfarmers Share Plan access (where eligible)
From humble beginnings in Burwood East, Victoria, in 1969, we’re now an essential part of 300 communities, and proud of it! From bedding to apparel to kitchenware and beyond. We’re designing and creating the products people reach for every day. In-store, online, or Click & Collect – getting the products we love into the hands of happy customers is what we aim to do best. From the remote outback to coastal towns and big cities, and everywhere in-between. We’re progressive in our pursuit to create seamless customer journeys for satisfied shoppers.A place you can belong
At Kmart, we celebrate the rich diversity of the communities in which we operate and are committed to creating inclusive and safe environments where all our team members can contribute and succeed. We believe that all team members should feel valued, respected and safe irrespective of your gender, ethnicity, indigeneity, religious beliefs, education, age, disability, family responsibilities, sexual orientation and gender identity and we encourage applications from all candidates.
We believe that everyone should have the opportunity to do well when applying or working at Kmart, therefore we encourage you to share any feedback by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like any adjustments.
If you would like to explore a career with Kmart and this sounds like the perfect role for you – apply now!