Module lead(Depends on the project)
Bachelors in science , engineering or equivalent
Requirement Understanding and Analysis:
- Review the raw requirements to understand the key outcomes expected by the client.
- Identify data source and conduct data profiling to understand data and its quality.
- Create a logic that needs to be incorporated in the architecture to ensure the data meets the requirements.
- Create POC to conduct the feasibility of the requirement, as required.
Data Discovery & Profiling:
- Post signoff, design basic queries to analyze the existing data.
- Share sample data with the client to give a snapshot of the expected outcome.
- Create a low level design document capturing SQL queries to achieve the target stage.
- Share the document with the ETL team.
- Conduct system integration testing during data migration from the source to the target state to ensure the requirements are met.
- Conduct the root cause analysis of the issue to identify the solutions to resolve it.
- Conduct testing to ensure the issue has been resolved.
- In case of data issues, report it to the source team to fix the data.
- If data is corrupted during migration, identify ways to cleanup the data.
- Generate reports to fix the issues as required.
- Understand the impact on data based on the release schedule.
- Based on the understanding of the legacy system, provide inputs to the data modeler to map the attributes to the fields.
- Share the data mapping documents with the data modeling team.
- Support data modeling team to understand the data / data type in the legacy system.
- Support data modeling team in defining table name and table data type as per the standards and best practices defined within the project.
- In case of any new table in Data Warehouse, identify the source values to be uploaded in the table.
- Provide inputs to data modeling regarding the source data for the same.
- Create and update knowledge articles (industry Point of View, Case studies, lessons learnt document etc) in the knowledge management repository.
- Maintain knowledge management database.
- Conduct training for team members on data profiling tools and techniques.
- Based on the inputs shared by the stakeholders.
- share the inputs on RFPs on the data profiling and system analysis aspect.
- Evaluate/ identify the tools best fit for the customer requirement.
Must Have Skills
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Travel : No
Job Posting : Jan 12 2021
Cognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 194 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world.