At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
In compliance with applicable New York and New Jersey State regulatory authorities, COVID-19 vaccination (2 doses of either the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine or one dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine) is mandatory for all MSK employees, contingent workers, and volunteers. Exceptions are permitted for those employees who request and receive an approved medical or fully remote exemption.
- Staff working at a MSK New Jersey location must be up to date with COVID-19 vaccination, which includes having completed the primary COVID-19 vaccination series and booster once eligible as mandated by New Jersey State. All New Jersey staff not yet eligible for a booster must receive a booster within 3 weeks of becoming eligible as a condition of continued employment at MSK.
Note: Individuals are eligible to receive a COVID-19 booster five months after receiving the second dose of either the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine or two months after the J&J vaccine.
Are you looking for impact? Do you want to use your skills to make the world's best cancer center even better? We are looking for a Junior Data Science Analyst to join our team!
We support our doctors, nurses, researchers, and other staff in the Department of Surgery (DOS) as they work to treat and cure cancer. Specifically, our analytical contributions include providing better access to our world-class surgeons, and improving patient care and experience while accounting the impacts on the entire health system.
If you have technical analysis skills coupled with a passion for applying it to solving real world problems that improve how cancer care is delivered, then this could be an ideal role for you.
We're looking for an experienced, out-of-the-box problem solver who is no stranger to using data analytics techniques for achieving operational and business needs. Someone who also enjoys professional development, trainings, and a healthy work-life balance.
Our team, Surgery Analytics, is a part of the DOS and Strategy and Innovation, a department in the front of MSK’s advancement, hosting novel and ambitious developments and projects. We have access to a sea of data: clinical, operational, financial, strategic, both structured and free text, all at our finger tips. The direct connection with DOS enables more insight to direct processes and what it takes to implement data science and operations research products.
- Perform exploratory analyses and feature engineering on various types of data: numeric, categorical, and more.
- Find correlations and dependencies between desired outcome data and various available data sources.
- Train, compare and manage machine learning models
- Show a commitment to implementing reliable models through CI/CD and API-development
- Partner and integrate with engineering teams and executive leadership
- 2+ years of industry experience doing related analytics work
- Work experience and a proven track record with R or Python and SQL
- Must be comfortable with machine learning models
- Written or contributed to APIs and R-packages or Python libraries is a plus
- Healthcare experience is a plus
Competitive compensation packages | Sick Time |Generous Vacation+ 12 holidays to recharge & refuel| Internal Career Mobility & Performance Consulting | Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA & Dependent Care|403b Retirement Savings Plan Match|Tuition Reimbursement |Parental Leave & Adoption Assistance |Commuter Spending Account |Fitness Discounts &Wellness Program | Resource Networks| Life Insurance & Disability | Remote Flexibility
We believe in communication, openness, and thinking beyond your 8-hour day @ MSK. It’s important to us that you have a sense of impact, community, and work/life balance to be and feel your best.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.