State Street are currently looking for a Data Analyst to join our Cyber Security team.
What you will be responsible for
- Under direct supervision, define problems, collect relevant data, transform data, extract meaning from data, and draw logical and coherent conclusions
- Partnering with a data visualization designer to review user feedback, plan improvements, and build a wide range of data visualizations
- Assisting to build data models, query data sources, clean data, and synthesize analysis in clear language, accessible to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Helping to define, measure, and track key performance indicators, measuring operational performance and outcomes
- Helping influence teams and the organization to achieve solutions that are right for our users
What we value
- Detailed oriented with prior experience building easy to understand, accessible metrics, reports and dashboards
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong leadership, strategic and critical thinking skills with a proven track record of execution and delivery
- Natural curiosity and empathy focused on our user’s needs, motivations and behaviors
- Teamwork and collaboration across different roles, teams, and locations
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- A Bachelor's degree in a computer science or math related field or equivalent experience
- An online portfolio that demonstrates your data analysis skills, specifically focusing on loading and transforming data, as well as building reports and dashboards
- Familiarity with one or more of the following data visualization tools: Power BI, Tableau, Qlik Sense
- Familiarity with Agile project delivery, design thinking, personas cybersecurity metrics, business intelligence, databases, big data
Why this role is important to us
Our technology function, Global Technology Services (GTS), is vital to State Street and is the key enabler for our business to deliver data and insights to our clients. We’re driving the company’s digital transformation and expanding business capabilities using industry best practices and advanced technologies such as cloud, artificial intelligence and robotics process automation.
We offer a collaborative environment where technology skills and innovation are valued in a global organization. We’re looking for top technical talent to join our team and deliver creative technology solutions that help us become an end-to-end, next-generation financial services company.
Join us if you want to grow your technical skills, solve real problems and make your mark on our industry.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.