Who are we ?
SESAMm is an innovative company specializing in behavioral data and Artificial Intelligence solutions applied to asset management and private equity (www.sesamm.com).
Specialization: creation of innovative analytics and alternative data – we analyze in real time billions of messages, articles and posts from millions of data sources.
Team: 70+ people, mainly engineers and researchers, with offices in Paris, New York, Tokyo, London, Tunis and Metz, along with international clients with large accounts, including asset managers, hedge funds and major banks in North America, Europe and Asia.
Key technologies: Natural Language Processing, Big Data, Machine Learning and Quantitative Analysis.
Join SESAMm, an innovative fintech with very strong growth !
Why are we looking for a Data Scientist?
Looking for a new opportunity? Take part in a growing company, propose new ideas, implement
new tools and innovative processes
At SESAMm,everyone contributes their ideas, skills, and creativity. We are experts in our domains,
but also open to new possibilities. We value support and teamwork.
We learn every day from the experience of this great team and we constantly take up new challenges. We are proud of the work accomplished and participate in the success of this great adventure !
In brief: As part of the Customer Success Team, you will participate in client-facing projects. Your goal will be to extract the data from our textual data lake, perform data analysis on text data (NLP algorithms), data cleaning, train machine learning algorithms on different types of indicators or on textual data, and analyze the relevance of the modeling.
What you will do:
- Detect patterns, implement tests and evaluate on datasets;
- Perform data preprocessing and feature engineering;
- Understand and generalize Machine Learning models;
- Use and evaluate relevant Machine Learning tools;
- Write analysis reports.
An excellent level of English proficiency, very good interpersonal skills and strong motivation are required. The candidate will need to demonstrate autonomy and innovation in the face of a constantly changing environment. The list of tasks described is not necessarily exhaustive and may be modified according to the constraints of the company and the evolution of its needs.
What do we want from you?
Your educational background:
- 1-2 years of experience
- Master’s degree in a quantitative field (mathematics or data science) with strong IT skills, or Engineering School
Your Professional background:
- Experience: a first internship in quantitative analysis or Machine learning is a plus;
- Languages: fluent English speaker with good writing skills, an intermediate level of French would be a plus;
- Software: Strong skills in Python and Machine Learning libraries (Numpy, Pandas, Sklearn, Keras, Matplotlib);
- Strong interest in complex Machine learning models (supervised & unsupervised, deep learning etc.);
- In depth knowledge of Machine Learning principles and practices;
- Some knowledge in finance and some experience in Machine Learning with Time Series would be an advantage;
- Basic statistic knowledge;
- Usage of Cloud services as AWS is a plus;
- Usage of Docker is a plus;
- Optional: if you have a personal project that could be interesting for your application please attach a link to your github.
You should be able to work in a team and show high motivation. This job requires autonomy and curiosity toward a changing environment.
What we offer at SESAMm
Incentives: We offer attractive packages and various benefits, such as restaurant vouchers or mutual insurance from the company.
Flexibility: Remote work is promoted in our company, especially during the unique times we are living in. Beside this context, we allow up to three days a week of remote work.
Work environment: In our premises, conviviality at work is crucial - you will find drinks and treats (coffee, tea, drinks, snacks) and enjoy discussions with unique individuals in a rich and multicultural work environment.
Career: Deciding to join SESAMm, means having prospects, seeing the real impact of your daily work, and contributing to the evolution of a fast growing start-up.
Skills development: We consider training to be essential, both internally with our Learn & Show (workshops led by colleagues for knowledge sharing) or externally via third party organizations or platforms.
Transparency: You will always be aware of the company’s evolution with regular informative meetings as an essential element of transparency : “Ask Me Anything”, once a month informative and interactive meeting, strategic meetings…
Well-being: We have made well-being in the workplace and a corporate culture with strong values central to our concerns.
In short, SESAMm has a strong team spirit, communication facilitated by a horizontal hierarchy and a rich culture of diversity.
- Location: Paris
- Type of contract: Full-time
- Duration: Permanent (CDI)
- Start date: As soon as possible