As a Data Scientist at IBM, you will help transform our clients’ data into tangible business value by analyzing information, communicating outcomes and collaborating on product development. Work with Best in Class open source and visual tools, along with the most flexible and scalable deployment options. Whether it’s investigating patient trends or weather patterns, you will work to solve real world problems for the industries transforming how we live.
Your Role and ResponsibilitiesASSOCIATES PROGRAM
We’re looking for passionate, original thinkers who want to drive progress, grow their network, and further their careers. If you see yourself as someone who never stops learning, who believes no problem is too big to solve, and who wants to unleash their potential, the entry level Associates Program is for you.
To learn more about the Associates Program
, visit www.ibm.com/associates and access our Applicant Info Package
- Graduated (or will be graduating) between 2020 and September 2022
- Have an Associate’s Degree, College Diploma, Bachelor’s Degree, or Master’s Degree (Exception: The Associates Program does not accept MBA or PhD candidates/graduates)
- Have maximum 2 years of full-time, professional work experience
- Are within commuting distance of Montreal/Toronto/Calgary, with flexibility to travel 80-100% of the time
- Are fluent in the English and French language, both written and verbal
- Are eligible to work in Canada without current or future need for visa sponsorship
By applying to this job posting, your first location choice is Montreal
.At the very top of your resume
, indicate which of the following cities you are willing to remain in and/or relocate to. Kindly note that our incoming Associates are responsible for all costs associated with relocation.Application Deadline:
September 14, 2021 @ 11:59 PM ETASSOCIATE DATA SCIENTIST
As an Associate Data Scientist, you’ll use cognitive tools to analyze data and predict trends to make meaningful recommendations to clients. Armed with data, modeling expertise, and analytic results, you’ll formulate conclusions and recommendations to client stakeholders, leveraging strong consulting, communication, visualization, and storytelling skills.
- Communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders to understand and define business needs and translate them to a data science context
- Work in an agile, collaborative environment, partnering with other scientists, engineers, consultants, and database administrators to integrate the latest predictive analytics with enterprise-level application development
- Build teams or write programs to cleanse and integrate data sources in an efficient and reusable manner, resulting in high-quality, clean datasets
- Incorporate a variety of statistical and machine learning techniques on big data, using leading edge tools such as R (ggplot2) and Python (scikit-learn, tensor-flow), combined with IBM tools and AI application suites
- Implement and validate predictive models with the end user, using quick feedback loops to iterate and develop the most usable models for the specific use case
- Deploy and maintain machine learning models using established best practices, allowing the client to consistently gain high value from advanced analytics projects
By applying to this Career Path, you may be considered for any one of these Practices: www.ibm.biz/PracticesHiringDataScientistsREQUIRED PROFESSIONAL AND TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- Strong fundamentals in Mathematics and Computer Science (algorithms)
- Proficiency in least one or more statistical programming languages (e.g. R, Python, Scala, SAS, SPSS, MATLAB)
- Basic understanding of or experience with predictive/prescriptive modeling
- Exposure to Cloud (e.g. AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, IBM Cloud) is an asset
- Ability to translate business requirements into technical solutions
- Ability to thrive in an ever-changing, technology-based consulting environment, using agile development techniques
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Please see job description.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
Please see job description.
Must have the ability to work in Canada without sponsorship.
About Business UnitIBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBMAre you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world's most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it's time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It's time to define your career.
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business. At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
Location StatementThis role will involve working with technology that is covered by Export Regulations sanctions. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following US sanctioned countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, and Syria) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.