Join Accenture and help transform leading organisations and communities around the world. Accenture is driving these exciting changes and bringing them to life across 40 industries in more than 120 countries. The sheer scale of our capabilities, client engagements and the way we collaborate with the ecosystem, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance.
Accenture’s Data Engineering practice covers the range of Data and AI skills across all domains of data governance & quality, cloud & traditional data engineering and visual insights & next generation user interfaces. When combined with Accenture’s broader Strategy and Consulting and Technology businesses, we are able to bring together the unique end to end business changes through the application of Data and AI.
You'll learn, grow and advance in an innovative culture that thrives on shared success, diverse ways of thinking and where you can drive your career in new and exciting ways. Hungry for change and keen to level up, you will become an integral part of our Cloud First & Applied Intelligence team with the credibility, expertise and insight clients depend on working with famous brands and household names – tackling some of the most challenging industry, community and national problems.
We are looking for hands-on authentic and committed Data Engineers to support clients across a range of industries.
Responsibilities will include all aspects of data engineering from delivery planning, estimating and analysis, all the way through to data architecture and pipeline design, delivery and production implementation.
Your key deliverables will include the:
- development of physical data model, ETL pipeline build and semantic model development
- be working on client projects with teams from across our Applied Intelligence practice as well as industry, functional, and technology SMEs on some of our clients most challenging projects and will be helping translate data to insights that enable the business to make decisions as well as using visualisations to tell a compelling story with data that makes complex topics understandable.
- Ensure technical expectations of deliverables are met
We are looking for experience a number in the following skills:
- 3+ years of experience in data engineering in a customer or business facing capacity
- Ability to understand and articulate requirements to technical and non-technical audiences
- Stakeholder management and communication skills, including prioritising, problem solving and interpersonal relationship building
- Strong experience in SDLC delivery, including waterfall, hybrid and Agile methodologies. Experience delivering in an agile environment,
- Experience of implementing and delivering data solutions and pipelines on Azure cloud platforms
- A strong understanding of data modelling, data structures, databases, and ETL processes
- An in-depth understanding of large-scale data sets, including both structured and unstructured data
- Strong SQL and/or Python knowledge
- Experience with related/complementary open source software platforms and languages (e.g. Java, Linux, Apache, Perl/Python/PHP, Chef)
- Knowledge and experience of delivering CI/CD and DevOps capabilities in a data environment