IRi is a leading provider of big data, predictive analytics and forward-looking insights that help CPG, OTC healthcare, retailers and media companies to grow their businesses. With the largest repository of purchase, media, social, causal and loyalty data, all integrated on an on-demand cloud-based technology platform, IRI guides its clients around the world in their quests to remain relentlessly relevant, capture market share, connect with consumers and deliver market-leading growth.
IRi acquired Retail Solutions, Inc. (RSi), the leading provider of retail data science based analytics and a big data management platform which helps top retailers and CPG companies manage their supply chain and marketing initiatives to drive sales results. Using machine learning, streaming analytics and predictive models, we are the go-to cloud based; peta-scale SaaS data management platform in the retail space. The addition of RSi’s solutions to the industry-leading IRI Liquid Data® technology platform will offer the industry’s most comprehensive supply chain solution, as well as the largest repository of de-identified and anonymous consumer data assets in the CPG industry, delivering long-term increased value and impact to clients. Join our team as Data Scientist at Retail Solutions Inc. (an IRi Company).
To know more about us, please click on the video link given below:
Introduction to IRI. The big data and technology expert - IRI (iriworldwide.com)
Connect with us:
Visit our website: www.iriworldwide.com & https://www.retailsolutions.com/
A little about us that make us distinctive:
- Explosive Growth: We are proud that we handled the COVID19 pandemic incredibly well. While companies went bankrupt, we kept growing with a revenue of $ 1.3 billion. While companies laid off thousands, we doubled our workforce and did acquisitions to add more business & people to propel aggressive growth. We’re a renowned company in a booming data analytics & supply chain technology industry.
- Challenging Work Opportunities: We are thrilled that we get to work on some of the most interesting business challenges facing the CPG and retail industries. You will be part of a team that is creating innovative new technology solutions that are enabling the global consumer packaged goods (CPG) and retailing industries to grow, profit and rule.
- Growth & International Exposure: You’ll definitely be working alongside international coworkers, collaborate on projects & get opportunities to make your career.
- Diversity: We’re composed of 5000 plus diverse talents across different geographies operating out of 20 offices worldwide. We look for talent, in what size, shape, or form it may appear in.
- Industry competitive salaries.
- Paid leaves
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance & Accidental insurance
- Paid Maternity & Paternity leaves.
- Mobile Data Reimbursement for Work from Home.
- Team parties & annual get together
- Yearly gifts during festivals
What we look for in the new talent:
- The Trend-setter: that person who is always on point and up to speed with the very latest trends and developments in technology, how it works, and how it could change the world. We need people with their finger on the pulse to help us always stay ahead of the game
- The Story-teller: that person who can always take something complex and detailed, and help others not only understand it but want it too… Yeah, we want that person!
- The Dot-joiner: that person who is always curious and can’t let something remain unexplained. We’re especially keen to find that person who keeps digging into the data to find all the answers, and can describe a way forward from it
- The Global-citizen: that person who seeks to involve and collaborate with others, synergies across cultures and perspectives because it gives the best results, bring them in!
The Data Scientist will assist and participate in the analysis and exploration of the retail structured data (such as sales, supply chain, inventory, promotion, etc.) and unstructured data (such as product descriptions, etc.) for RSi products. He/she will assist in exploration, design, validation and implementation (collaboration with the software engineering team) of Machine Learning models. This will require teamwork and collaboration with other data science team members in different time zones including US. The work requires knowledge of programming in Python or R, machine learning, statistical modeling, and data mining and includes understanding the business case, conducting advanced data analysis, creative explorations, and devising appropriate analytics approaches/algorithms under the direction of Data Science leads. There would be a need to analyze and explore different clients’ data for establishing model performance and business impact in addition to calibrating/tuning models for the specific needs of the clients after they are deployed. The individual is required to write well-structured, modularized, well documented, and readable codes for all variety of analysis, explorations, simulations, and modeling exercises
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze and explore a variety of clients’ data sets based on the business goals.
- Evaluate a variety of performance metrics including model performance on client’s data.
- Explore and develop variety of models and assist in deployment to solve business problems.
- Collaborate in maintaining, enhancing, and optimization of existing product code.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Statistics with courses completed on the Machine Learning, Statistics, Prediction algorithms and/or related areas.
- Two (2) years of real-world industry experience in analytics, especially big data analytics leveraging Statistical Modeling, Machine Learning and Predictive Analysis is required.
- Passion for Data is the key.
- Knowledgeable about probability theory, Statistics, Predictive Analysis and Modeling, Machine Learning and/or related areas, and having projected completed on those areas.
- Hands-on with Python and/or R programming with all their relevant popular libraries.
- Knowledge of any other programing languages a plus.
- Having data visualization and presentation skills.
- Good SQL knowledge and skills to write SQL queries for retrieving/transforming/manipulating tables from the data repository database.
- Statistical thinker.
- Problem solving mindset.
- Knowledge and experience on main Software Engineering concepts is a plus.
- Knowledge and experience in retail and supply chain area is a plus
- Good interpersonal skills.
- A team-player, willing to work with colleagues across the world.
- Fluent in written and oral communication skills in English.
- Good scientific documentation skills.
- Motivated and can deliver results with high accuracy and minimal directions.
- High attention to detail.
Job Location: Pune
We have kept our interview process simple, in case your profile is shortlisted then you will go through the following process:
- Introductory Call from HR: You get to know more about the company, and we get to know more about you. If you profile fits in our criteria then we will take you through the next set of process.
- Round 1 (Technical & General Intelligence): We assess technical skills, general intelligence and aptitude such as logical reasoning etc.
- Round 2 (Tech): We assess your overall fitment for the position including technical, general intelligence and culture fitment.
Once all the round are cleared, the candidates will be informed about their status for next steps.