We require a dynamic and highly innovative Senior Data Analyst within our Corporate Delivery Services (CDS) group in the Department of Treasury and Finance
We require a dynamic and highly innovative Senior Data Analyst within our Corporate Delivery Services (CDS) group in the Department of Treasury and Finance. CDS is responsible for the efficient delivery of financial, people, information, legal, planning, procurement and technology services to DTF.
DTF provides economic, financial and resource management advice to help the Victorian Government deliver its policies. We strive for excellence in financial and economic management to improve the lives of all Victorians.
About the role
We require a 2 year fixed term VPS 5 Senior Data Analyst. Some of the key accountabilities are:
- Using extensive technical expertise and knowledge to design and provide reporting and advanced data insights, to support and uplift DTF analytics capabilities
- Interpret data and analyse results using advanced statistical techniques to provide meaningful and measurable business insights and benefits
- Developing predictive analytics and strategic data reporting models to support Victorian Cabinet Ministers, senior executives, and other business owners in DTF
- Prepare data and visualisations in a manner that informs constructive business decisions and promotes enterprise reporting solutions across the whole of DTF and other Victorian government departments
- Gathering and documenting business requirements by working closely with business owners to understand their business needs and priorities
To be considered for this role, you must demonstrate the following:
- At least 8-10 years of IT experience in technical data architecture, data design, data modelling, implementation, development and maintenance of BI & Analytics applications and products
- Experience in using structured and unstructured data models using data warehouse, data lakes and data marts for sophisticated extractions of data and reporting use cases
- Extensive and relevant knowledge of delivery of information technology data analytics dashboards and reports using Tableau, OACS, Power BI or other similar technologies, including change and releases management
- Experience on providing advice to data governance and information management groups as needed, and reporting on data security and policy governance risks and advising on possible remediations
- Experience in engaging with senior stakeholders and provide non-technical and technical advice and support in the development of analytical solution
- An exciting opportunity to join a greenfield area where there is already a high demand from the business
- There are multiple data analytic projects to work on and this role will be extremely varied and fast paced
- Join a wider team of high performing, collaborative and supportive professionals
- Work within an organisation that upholds their values and strives to build a better future for our community
How to apply
For more information about the position and key selection criteria, please refer to the position description. If you have specific questions regarding the role, please contact Stephanie on firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply, select the ‘Apply Now' button and provide a copy of your resume and cover letter summarising your skills and relevant experience. Applications close 6/5/21.
If you require a copy of this advertisement in an accessible format, please email email@example.com.