We're a Little Different
Our mission is clear. We bring to life a healing ministry through our compassionate care and exceptional service.
At Mercy, we believe in careers that match the unique gifts of unique individuals - careers that not only make the most of your skills and talents, but also your heart. Join us and discover why Modern Healthcare Magazine named us in its Top 100 Places to Work. Overview: Data ScientistPosition can be Remote (Work from Home)
Mercy is seeking a Data Scientist to work within a team of other advanced professional data scientists, engineers, and application developers in the generation, extraction, and compilation of data to perform creative, high-quality, state-of-the-art analyses and evaluations that produce insights, support decision-making, and drive impact within a leading and transforming healthcare organization. This position will support Mercy's efforts to deliver on the vision of personalized, predictive, and proactive care. The candidate should demonstrate expertise with data extraction, management, analysis with data analytics tools, and be able deliver outputs on a timeline. The candidate should be able to effectively document, develop, and communicate project plans and analytic findings with a variety of technical/non-technical stakeholders. This candidate will report directly to the Executive Director of Enterprise Data Science. Qualifications:
We Offer Great Benefits:
- Experience: At least 2 years of experience in a similar role in academia or industry or PhD + 1 years in a similar role in academia or industry
- Required Education: At least 2 years of experience in a similar role in academia or industry or PhD + 1 years in a similar role in academia or industry
- Have a strong knowledge of electronic medical record data, clinical data, claims data, or financial data.
- Experience with SQL
- Intermediate/Advanced development skills with at least one scripting language (Python, R, etc.)
- Ability to quickly learn new analytic tools and packages
- Ability to develop and apply computational algorithms and statistical methods to healthcare data (including, but not limited to data from electronic medical record, financial management, human resource, quality and supply chain)
- Ability to develop and deploy healthcare-relevant predictive and prescriptive models.
- Experience with Cloud-based data and AI solutions, especially in implementation and operationalization of Machine Learning based solutions.
- Hands-on experience with a broad range of deep learning tools (e.g., TensorFlow, Spark, Theano, PyTorch, Scikit-learn, Keras, Caffe, Nvidia Digits) and collaboration environments (e.g. Jupyter notebooks, PyCharm, gitlab, github)
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational skills, an orientation toward detail, and collaboration oriented.
Present complex data (qualitative and quantitative) in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to both technical and non-technical audiences to inspire action.
Day-one comprehensive health, vision and dental coverage, PTO, tuition reimbursement and employer-matched retirement funds are just a few of the great benefits offered to eligible co-workers, including those working 48 hours or more per pay period! We're bringing to life a healing ministry through compassionate care.
At Mercy, our supportive community will be behind you every step of your day, especially the tough ones. You will have opportunities to pioneer new models of care and transform the health care experience through advanced technology and innovative procedures. We're expanding to help our communities grow. Join us and be a part of it all. What Makes You a Good Match for Mercy?
Compassion and professionalism go hand-in-hand with us. Having a positive outlook and a strong sense of advocacy is in perfect step with our mission and vision. We're also collaborative and unafraid to do a little extra to deliver excellent care - that's just part of our commitment. If that sounds like a good fit for you, we encourage you to apply.
Mercy has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function of this job.