As a Marketing Data Engineer in our MarTech and Data Management department, you would be essential in supporting the data integration needs for our Global Marketing and Medical team. You would be responsible for building out sustainable data feed processes and pipelines as well as managing, optimizing, overseeing, monitoring data retrieval, storage and distribution throughout the organization.
As a Data Engineer for IDEXX, you would be working with disparate data sources: SAP data, transactional data, sales data, data from our in-house diagnostic equipment, data from reference labs, etc, and you would then be creating pipelines for global marketing functions. You would be responsible for finding trends in data sets and developing algorithms to help make raw data more useful to the enterprise. At the start of this position, you will build strategic data pipelines building out the ecosystem of data for our Global Marketing team.
In this role you would have access to a variety of modern cloud-based technology. You would have vast networking opportunities, high visibility throughout the business, and overall plenty of room to grow within the role. You will also make an impact and have the ability to influence major outcomes at the foundation of IDEXX strategic marketing plans.
What will be your responsibilities:
- You will be working with the team to build out sustainable data feed processes to allow analysts to answer questions more easily, more reliably, and with as much alignment as possible to all other Companion Animal Group (CAG) reporting centers of excellence.
- You will develop ETL processes, model data for analytical purposes in Marketing's data warehouse, provide documentation, and maintain data dictionaries.
- You will develop, construct, test and maintain architectures. Align architecture with business requirements.
- You will do data acquisition, developing data set processes and using programming language and tools. You will Identify ways to improve data reliability, efficiency and quality.
- You will use large data sets to address business issues.
- You will deploy sophisticated analytics programs, machine learning and statistical methods.
- You will prepare data for predictive and prescriptive modeling.
- You will find hidden patterns using data. Use data to discover tasks that can be automated.
- You will deliver updates to stakeholders based on analytics. In this role you would partner very closely with IT.
- You will build connections between data sets making data available to analysts and data scientists. Building pipelines with Snowflake or Azure
What you need to succeed:
- 5 or more years of experience as a Data Engineer
- Advanced SQL experience, this will be applied for the majority of data transformations that we need
- Experience working with Kimball methodology for developing data warehouses and an overall deep understanding of building warehouses
- Building data sets that are practical to use by our analysts
- Snowflake experience is a must have. It is currently used for data warehousing, a data lake, semantic layer, making it available to the business
- Microsoft Azure Synapse, Databricks experience
- AWS experience, including administration, strongly desired
- Must have experience with data integration tools such as Talend (used at IDEXX) - or experience with other data integration tools like Informatica
- Familiarity with data prep tools a plus
- Python (coding) experience a plus
- Experience with Git, for coordinating work among programmers collaboratively developing source code during software development.
- Strong understanding of the software development life cycle
Skriv i din ansøgning, at du fandt jobbet på ofir.dk