Background and organization
We are one of the best transmission factories in the world and we produce some of the best transmissions on the market. The production plant in Köping is the transmission center within Volvo Group Trucks Operations, Powertrain Production. Our site is the Center of Excellence within the area of transmission solutions and today we are 1550 employees. Within Volvo GTO in Köping, team spirit and collaboration are essential for success. We believe strongly that team play comes with the journey of working proactively with our long-term determination in industrializing future technologies whilst standing shoulder to shoulder in facing our daily operations pulse. Within our journey, we enjoy having great fun together and we build a culture for customer success, trust, passion, change and performance.
We are now looking for strengthening our Engineering Technologies Department with a Data Scientist. The department purpose is to secure future factory state by investigating and developing new machining and assembly technologies with both local and global functions within GTO. The team consist of 10 specialists within different technology areas. A lot of the work are organized in projects and we can have different roles in different projects such as experts, project managers or work package leaders. We are looking for a creative team player, who is eager to analyze data and who, like the rest of us, strives towards being the best transmission factory in the world.Main areas of responsibility
As a Data Scientist, you will have a great opportunity for personal development. You will be given the chance to grow within engineering and become an expert that cooperate with universities and develop completely new methods and spread knowledge globally within Volvo. The role will give you the opportunity to develop your competence within the area of data science and be a part of our journey towards Industry 4.0. Also, you will be able to get an understanding of the business and its needs connected to your area of competence. You will report directly to the Department Manager of Engineering Technologies.As a Data Scientist, your main responsibilities will be to:
Who are you?
- Develop the area of Big Data including
- Identify valuable data sources
- Create predictive models and machine-learning algorithms
- Propose solutions and strategies to reach business goals
- Create data visualizations dashboards based on business needs
- Review, advice and communicate Big Data Analytics
- Understand the complete analytics chain from storing, structuring, modeling, to visualizing and translating data into actionable insights
- Understanding and managing different tools and systems needed for the process
- Work cross-functionally with different teams within and outside the plant, making sure and take responsibility for the progress within your work
- Participate in projects and be a leader of projects related to your area of expertise
This role will be essential for the future growth of Engineering Technologies in Köping. It is therefore crucial that you have the ability to develop a business understanding and see what critical actions is needed. This is a new role within Engineering Technologies in Köping, therefor you will have a great chance to impact the future of our factory within your field. It will be important that you have the capacity to see the “red thread” and can identify what needs to be done and make priorities for you and your team. Because you are the front-runner concerning analytics within engineering, it is therefore important that you like to think “outside the box”. Of course, you have a clear customer focus and a service mind which is essential as a support function. You will be the main key to translate data into business insights and this requires a high level of analytical skills. As mentioned, a capacity to take responsibility for the whole Big Data chain is critical. Other qualities that we value are a structured way of working, a quality mindset, communication and solid presentation skills.Qualifications and background to your favor:
Does this sound interesting?
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Computer science, Data science or similar
- Proven experience as a Data Scientist with minimum three years of previous working experience
- Previous experience from manufacturing/production is meritorious
- Experience in data mining
- Strong mathematical skills, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge from one or several; R, SQL, Python, Scala, Java or C++
- Experience using business intelligence tools (e.g. Power-BI)
- Experience using Azure or AWS is meritorious
For more information please contact recruiting Department Manager Robby Kloos, +46 72 8624356 or HR Business Partner Emelie Skälhammar, +46 728624505.
Selection of candidates will occur during the recruitment time, so do not wait with your application. Last application date is 28-02-2021. Welcome aboard!Union Contacts:
Unionen, Mats Bergdahl, 0221- 45 78 41
Akademikerna, Andreas Myrelid, +46 728624551
Ledarna, Lars Sundkvist, 0221- 45 76 47Within the Volvo Group we value diversity and equality, this is an important key for development.We have selected a partner for this recruitment and declines all telephone calls from recruitment- or marketing companies.