- Explore, Discover, Investigate, Predict, Optimize, Visualize, Report, Change, Automate.
- Collaborate with business heads from Sales, Marketing, Operations, Finance, Service divisions to fulfill the strategic direction on specific courses of action using statistical analysis, data modeling and recommendations through data and information exploration, research. Help business process owners to design and build department specific housekeeping, performance and business reports or visual dashboards.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Hear, Design, Architect, Deliver
- Connect with stakeholders or business division leaders to gain a full understanding of the problems they are looking to solve.
- Ask the right questions to business division leaders from Sales, Marketing, Operations, Finance, Service to begin the discovery process.
- Work closely with process and business owners to help reach statistical data that could lead to justify process automations and technology investments.
- Evaluate and plan to acquire data required for analysis from different systems like SAP and Salesforce.
- Integrate and store data in SAP Cloud Platform HANA DB working together with systems analyst / architect.
- Perform initial data investigation and exploratory data analysis.
- Choose one or more potential models and algorithms
- Apply data science methods and techniques, such as machine learning, statistical modeling, and artificial intelligence.
- Measure and improve results.
- Present final results to stakeholders or business division leader.
- Adjust based on feedback from the stakeholders or business division leader.
- Repeat the process to solve a new problem.
- Continue to maintain an understanding of data sources, data domains, and data definitions of different business systems including SAP ECC, SAP Cloud by working closely with system analysts to produce requested reports and analytics.
- Communicate the designs to SAP Cloud Platform / SAP Analytics Cloud architect and lead with Planning, testing, deployment until final delivery of the data model, reports, science, analytics to the requestor.
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures, and business ethics codes.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required.
Bilingual (English and Japanese Preferred) (Requires frequent communication with NK Headquarter in Japan to identify and fix data discrepancies and provide global analytics working closely with HQ finance and auditing team)
- Proven experience as a Data Scientist or Data Analyst
- Experience in data mining.
- Analytical mindset.
- Strong math skills (e.g. statistics, algebra)
- Strong knowledge of database structure systems and data mining.
- Excellent organizational and analytical abilities.
- Outstanding problem solver.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Previous experience as Sr SAP ECC Finance [ FI-CO ] Consultant or as Sr SAP ECC Logistics [ SD-MM ] Consultant.
- Understanding of SAP ECC Tables, Data flows and Structure related to Finance or Logistics modules.
- SAP HANA or Other relevant Datawarehouse experience.
- SAP Analytics Cloud or Tableau or MS Power BI experience.
8 or more years of relevant work experience.
- Ability to quickly identify problems and recommend solutions
- Strong writing and speaking skills
- Effective presentation and interpersonal skills
- Solid analytical, technical, and problem-solving skills
- Strong computer skills and must be proficient with Microsoft Office suite
SPEAKING: Able to speak and present information in front of groups
PHYSICAL: Able to carry up to 25 pounds
As a requirement for this position, you may be required to go onsite to a medical facility. At that time you must complete the vendor credentialing process at the expense of Nihon Kohden which requires lab tests providing proof of immunity to common childhood illness (Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Hepatitis B and Varicella) as well as have a current TB certificate and Flu shot. All field based employees are expected to complete this lab work prior to visiting a medical facility.