At Sonos we want to create the ultimate listening experience for our customers and know that it starts by listening to each other. As part of the Sonos team, you’ll collaborate with people of all styles, skill sets, and backgrounds to realize our vision while fostering a community where everyone feels included and empowered to do the best work of their lives.
Do you love digging around in piles of data looking for interesting patterns and insights? Are you adept at taking challenging business questions and coming up with creative ways to answer those questions with data? Do you love working in collaborative team environments? Do you love music and data? If yes, this is your dream job!
This role can be done from home
Building the world’s leading sound experience starts with the experience we provide for our people. That’s why we’ve been distributed from the start: initially between offices in Boston & Santa Barbara, and now with additional offices in Seattle, San Francisco & Paris. This role can be done remotely from anywhere in the United States or Scotland. It’s about impact, not location.
What You’ll Do:
- Partner with business owners to define business questions, translate those into data problems and ensure we define, capture, process, analyze and model data in order to reach a solution. You have the experience and creativity to figure out which statistical techniques or algorithms to use.
- Continuously collaborate with cross-functional business and insights teams across the organization. Use your experience to coach those less experienced than you and proactively contribute to our high-performing team.
- Unearth insights from large and diverse sets of data to tell compelling stories through dashboards and visualizations in order to guide strategic decision-making.
- Execute on projects; breaking down the end-to-end analytics into bite size chunks.
- Engage engineering teams and business leaders by communicating insights and analyses in a way that is accessible and deepens their understanding of the customer, our business, and the product.
What You’ll Need
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don't apply for roles if they don't meet all the criteria. If you don’t have 100% of the skills listed, we strongly encourage you to apply if interested.
- Demonstrated experience communicating (written and verbally) in a cross-functional environment – you enjoy telling a story with data and sharing the output of your work with technical and non-technical audiences.
- 2-3 years experience working in data science field, applying statistical data analysis to real-world problems
- 2-3 years of experience performing analytics in an industry setting using relational databases.
- 2-3 years demonstrated experience with languages including SQL and Python and with data transformation and analysis tools
- 1-2 years experience with Tableau or similar data visualization and dashboard tool
- Knowledge of machine learning solutions and optimization techniques
- Advanced Degree in Science, Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent experience
- Experience starting new Machine Learning projects in an organization and cultivating adoption and improvement within the business
- Experience with Customer segmentation and lifetime value
- Experience with Snowflake, SQL Server, dbt and Sagemaker
Your profile will be reviewed and you'll hear from us once we have an update. At Sonos we take the time to hire right and appreciate your patience.