is the world’s leading Insurtech that is reinventing insurance at scale, with a record-breaking Series C funding in 2021 and our Series D funding in 2022 wefox has raised over $1 billion US Dollar. wefox
is on track to revolutionise the insurance industry by empowering the customer and delivering personalised experiences driven by data.
Our vision is to make insurance simple and 10x better
. We provide our customers with 360-degree advice through our network of advisors and optimise each individual's risk coverage through innovative prevention, assistance and insurance products.
As Data Engineer in the Data Platform Team you will be responsible to support improvement and development of our Data Platform, especially in the fields of Data Ingestion and Data Quality. You will implement methods to improve data reliability and quality.In this role you will:
What you bring:
- Contribute to build a flexible self service data platform
- Extract data from various databases, third-party tools, and APIs
- Develop and evolve tools to ingest data into the data platform, often focusing on sources to enrich data needed for KPI oversight
- Improve ETL processes for ease of use and efficiency
- Follow and implement Data Quality rules introduced by our Data QA colleagues
- You will work together with Business Intelligence, Analytics, and the whole Engineering department to ensure high data quality
- Technical reviews and documentation
- Engage with stakeholders to understand business requirements for current and future projects.
- Engage in all Data Platform Engineering team rituals and knowledge sharing sessions
What we offer:
- You have a good understanding of business logic and analytics
- You are experience working with cloud technology, preferable AWS
- Advance skills in SQL and Python
- Proficiency in working with git
- Hands-on experience with orchestration tools like airflow, luigi
- Experience with stream-processing (Kafka) - an advantage
- High degree of independence, structured way of thinking and a bias for action
Now, we’ve gotten to the fun part, the part where you get to brag about your company, those perks your friends are so jealous of!
Here are some of them*:
- Flexible working hours including hybrid working
- Free access to a mental health and well-being platform to access to personalised care, such as 1:1 coaching and therapy sessions for life’s ups and downs — whether at work, at home, or in your relationships
- A stack of the latest technologies and working gadgets
- Training and Coaching opportunities
- Free coffee, fruit and snacks, because we need fuel!
If you love a less-formal work environment, flexible paid time off, a great compensation package and benefits offering - and most of all, being the authentic you, get in touch, we want to meet you!
To all the misunderstood geniuses, rebels and mavericks looking to change the world for the better. Come work with us!Your contact person for this role is Chinedu Nwokolo.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.