About The Job
You will work with a global team dedicated to the development of E-Commerce products, a new way to measure how people shop online. Supporting our recent Fox Intelligence acquisition, we are looking for someone to develop our E-Commerce category and brand classification methodologies in EU5 countries and then deliver other E-Commerce initiatives in Western Europe.
Ideally, you should have familiarity with Machine Learning algorithms, consumer sourced data and exposure to business intelligence or market research.
You should have a passion for challenging data opportunities!Responsibilities
- Utilize Consumer sourced datasets to deliver best-in-class E-Commerce product categorization
- Use Machine Learning techniques to harmonize data sources, evaluating quality of results against available truth sets and algorithm KPIs
- Evaluate current E-Commerce item coding methodologies and identify opportunities for enhancement
- Implement best practices for data categorization using ML and associated techniques
- Deliver codebase and documentation to local Data Science, Technical and Operations teams
- Prototype as well as support pilot programs to drive innovation
WE'RE LOOKING FOR PEOPLE WHO HAVE:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree or Doctorate Degree
- Experienced in high-level programming languages (Python or R) and associated ML libraries
- Experience using ML algorithms on large-scale databases
- Excellent statistical and logic skills
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to effectively convey complex concepts to non-experts
- Business acumen, the ability to link client's needs with the business
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Fluency in French, German or Italian a plus!
NielsenIQ is a global measurement and data analytics company that provides the most complete and trusted view available of consumers and markets worldwide. We provide consumer packaged goods manufacturers/fast-moving consumer goods and retailers with accurate, actionable information and insights and a complete picture of the complex and changing marketplace that companies need to innovate and grow. Our approach marries proprietary NielsenIQ data with other data sources to help clients around the world understand what’s happening now, what’s happening next, and how to best act on this knowledge. We like to be in the middle of the action. That’s why you can find us at work in over 90 countries, covering more than 90% of the world’s population. For more information, visit www.niq.com.
NielsenIQ is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.