We are seeking a talented SQL Developer/Data Engineer
to start a contract in Canberra
. Due to the nature of the role, Work from Home is not possible
. For this role, an NV1 clearance
The role will be part of a pre-existing team within Avanade. The SQL Developer/Data Engineer
will be a key member in this projects' success by undertaking development tasks, including exploration, profiling, analysis, solutioning, and resolution of data issues. With a focus on continuous improvement, the successful candidate will help build and support all environments used in the development lifecycle to eliminate roadblocks and enhance data delivery.
The SQL Developer/Data Engineer Will Be Responsible For
- Performing database design, analysis, development, and code review.
- Providing insights to project stakeholders.
- Independently onboarding new data sources
- Analysis of data sets available and access requirements.
Successful Candidates Will Need To Be
- Experienced with the MSBI Suite (SSRS, SSIS, SSMS & SSAS) and familiarity with file types such as JSON & XML
- Well versed in IT security and governance including security standards, access policies, and the purpose and role of data governance in reporting and analytics
- An experienced developer with a strong background in data management disciplines, including data acquisition, integration, optimisation and data quality.
- Able to collect, profile and analyse data within our Data Warehouse.
- Capable of performing work autonomously where required.
- Experienced with building and maintaining cloud computing concepts (specifically Azure).
- Experienced with additional programming languages such as Python, C#, Powershell, Power Query & DAX.
- Recipient of:
- a Bachelor in Information Technology / Computer Science / Software Engineering or relevant field, OR
- One or more MSCE or equivalent certifications
This role is an exciting opportunity to work both collaboratively and independently within an established and skilled team. Successful candidates will have the chance to use their excellent problem-solving skills and ability to analyse complex environments and move forward with a solution-oriented approach to improve existing processes. Utilising their strong communication skills, the candidate will be able to share complex information in an easy-to-understand format and engage openly and proactively with skilled colleagues.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please contact Ally Wolfe on email@example.com
or click the apply button below.