Our people love the exciting and meaningful work they do, the cutting-edge resources and technology they have access to, the benefits we offer and the great community we’ve built. Want to join them?
My client is at the forefront of helping organisations with their digital transformation journey. Central to this is unlocking the value in customers data using a wide variety of Data Science techniques . Senior Data Scientists
apply their skills in quantitative analysis, data mining, machine learning and data presentation (storytelling) to see beyond the numbers. This helps customers understand how they can use their data to better understand risk and unlock new opportunities and efficiency savings.
Most of our work comes through repeat business and direct referrals, which comes down to the quality of our people. The success of our Data Engineering and Data Science teams means that customers are bringing us an increasing number of exciting data projects using cutting-edge technology to solve real-world problems. We are seeking more high calibre people to join our Data & Analytics capability where you will grow and contribute to industry-leading technical expertise.
Minimum (essential) requirements
- Highly numerate background with an advanced degree in an analytical discipline (Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics) and a deep understanding of statistical methods/approaches and machine learning algorithms.
- Substantial programing experience in one or more data science languages e.g. R, Python, applying best practice to code management.
- Experience in delivering analytical solutions from inception, through Proof of Concept and into production. Able to work with customers to quickly identify their analytical needs and deliver data science products. Able to explain findings and techniques to a non-technical audience. Can influence customers and internal teams through demonstration of data analytics capability and technical evangelism; suggests areas for further investigation.
- Able to cleanse, filter and re-factor complex data from different sources (including non-traditional data sources) to achieve the analysis goal.
- Comfortable working with Relational databases, NoSQL, and various visualisation techniques.
- Ability to create or optimise algorithms for use in distributed, high-volume scenarios.
- Has enabled up-skilling by spreading best practice to customers, engineering teams and junior colleagues. Has helped to define and enforce quality standards in analytical output.
My client is a professional services organisation with clients spread across the globe and we deliver projects both from client site, and from our offices. While we will attempt to base you on projects near or at your contracted office location, you need to be willing to travel to client sites and spend time away during the week if it is required.
Given the range and nature of work that we carry out for our clients, all employees are required to possesses up to date security clearance (Basic Disclosure, Access NI etc), if you do not already possess this, you will be asked to apply for it prior to joining.
Everyone who is offered a position here undergoes a background check; whether a criminal record excludes you from a career depends on the role and the offences.
Apply now or email your CV to kim.lopes @opus rs .com or call me on 07432631624. My client will be holding appointments from week commensing 8th February, if you want to be considered please get in touch before then.