Zalando’s Economics & Experimentation department is looking for a Data Engineer to help us scale the Experimentation Platform.
In this pivotal role, you will contribute to Zalando's mission of establishing a robust and trustworthy experimentation infrastructure, central to our data-driven decision-making process. Your expertise will be key in developing and managing comprehensive data engineering systems and metric definitions, crucial for analyzing experimental results and supporting the use of both internal and third-party systems.
As a Data Engineer, you'll play a significant part in scaling our Experimentation Platform, enhancing Zalando's capacity for innovation and reinforcing our position as the Starting Point for Fashion. You will be at the center of fostering a culture of continual innovation and growth, ensuring every product change is rigorously tested and underpinned by accurate, high-quality data. Your contribution is crucial in supporting our organization's commitment to expanding Zalando’s experimentation culture, ensuring accurate, high-quality data supports all informed decision-making.WHAT WE’D LOVE YOU TO DO (AND LOVE DOING)
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- You will support the implementation of a reliable and performant data infrastructure that integrates with internal and 3rd party tools.
- You will help us build data pipelines that are efficient and reliable at scale.
- You will collaborate with other engineers, product analysts and applied scientists to understand the data requirements, design and build scalable data pipelines that analyze, clean, transform and monitor data.
- You will enable accurate and comprehensive metric definitions and aggregations essential for interpreting experimental results.
- You will help us promote a culture of experimentation across the organization by ensuring that data-driven decision-making is supported by precise, high-quality metrics.
- Proficiency in engineering best practices, analytical problem-solving, and a broad technology toolkit is essential.
- Strong understanding of data modeling and data transformation techniques.
- Experience of running data processing pipelines using distributed data processing frameworks like Apache Spark. Databricks experience is a plus.
- Solid programming skills in Python along with strong SQL knowledge. Java/Kotlin is a plus.
- Hands-on experience with the AWS ecosystem and workflow tools like Airflow. GCP experience is a plus.
- If you think you have what it takes, we encourage you to apply even if you don't meet every single requirement. You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles!
Zalando provides a range of benefits, here’s an overview of what you can expect. Ask your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about what we offer.
- Employee shares program
- 40% off fashion and beauty products sold and shipped by Zalando, 30% off Zalando Lounge, discounts from external partners
- 2 paid volunteering days a year
- Hybrid working model with 60% (or more) remote per week, actual practice is up to each team to best support their collaboration
- Work from abroad for up to 30 working days a year
- 27 days of vacation a year to start
- Relocation assistance available (subject to prior agreement)
- Family services, including counseling and support
- Health and wellbeing options (including Gympass)
- Mental health support and coaching available
- Drive your development through our training platform and biannual peer-to-peer review
Learn all about Zalando and our values here https //jobs.zalando.com/en/?gh_src=22377bdd1us