Who We Are
Boston Consulting Group partners with leaders in business and society to tackle their most important challenges and capture their greatest opportunities. BCG was the pioneer in business strategy when it was founded in 1963. Today, we work closely with clients to embrace a transformational approach aimed at benefiting all stakeholders—empowering organizations to grow, build sustainable competitive advantage, and drive positive societal impact.
Our diverse, global teams bring deep industry and functional expertise and a range of perspectives that question the status quo and spark change. BCG delivers solutions through leading-edge management consulting, technology and design, and corporate and digital ventures. We work in a uniquely collaborative model across the firm and throughout all levels of the client organization, fueled by the goal of helping our clients thrive and enabling them to make the world a better place.
Practice Area Profile
BCG GAMMA combines innovative skills in computer science, artificial intelligence (AI), statistics, and machine learning with deep industry and functional expertise. The BCG GAMMA team is comprised of world-class data scientists, software and data engineers, as well as product experts with a consulting mindset.
We specialize in creating competitive advantage for our clients through AI driven transformations. Our teams own the full analytics value-chain end to end: framing new business challenges, designing innovative algorithms, implementing and deploying scalable solutions, and enabling colleagues and clients to fully embrace AI. Our product offerings span from fully custom-build to industry specific leading edge AI software solutions.
What You'll Do
As a forward-deployed Data Engineer, you’ll be part of our rapidly growing engineering team and help build the next generation of AI solutions. You’ll have the chance to partner with clients in a variety of BCG regions and industries, and on key topics like climate change, enabling them to design, build, and deploy new and innovative solutions. Additional responsibilities will include developing and delivering thought leadership in scientific communities and papers as well as leading conferences on behalf of BCG GAMMA.
Who You Are
We are looking for talented individuals with a passion for data engineering, software development and transforming organizations into AI led innovative companies
- Apply data engineering practices and standards to develop robust and maintainable solutions
- Actively involved in every part of the software development life cycle
- Experienced at guiding non-technical teams and consultants in best practices for large-scale data engineering
- Motivated by a fast-paced, service-oriented environment and interacting directly with clients on new features for future product releases
- Enjoy collaborating in teams to share software design and solution ideas
- A natural problem-solver and intellectually curious across a breadth of industries and topics
What You'll Bring (Experience & Qualifications)
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science or relevant field
- Experience in data engineering and working with global and remote agile squads
- Proficiency with analytic software programming ideally in python, C++, or SCALA
- Fluency with the storage, manipulation, and management of relational, non-relational and streaming data structures, specifically SQL, Spark, and Hadoop
- Proficiency with infrastructure as code principles
- Experience working on AWS, Azure, or Google cloud infrastructure
NICE TO HAVE
- DevOps: Docker, Kubernetes, CI/CD, Terraform
- Understanding of parallel computing
- Data Science and machine learning (Pandas, Scikit learn)
- Fluency in English is required as well as fluency in the local language for most locations
- Ability to travel based on client and business needs. Expect 30-50%