About Smart Access:
Smart Access offers retailers a new learning model to train and reskill frontline workers faster, more effectively, and at scale. Our location-aware frontline training platform runs on workers’ mobile devices to deliver training that is tailored to the exact work situation, personalized to the individual, and can be consumed in seconds. We equip learning & development and operations leaders at the largest retailers to create and distribute learning content to the frontline in days and rapidly measure learning effectiveness.
Smart Access is on a path of changing the way frontline and deskless workers train and learn, and we are looking for a Data Engineer to join our growing team. You will be working across our web and mobile platforms to provide technical expertise and services related to data management, and preparing and transforming data using pipelines. The Data Engineer will be responsible for building and maintaining Smart Access’ data infrastructure; participating in the design and visualizations of data; and implementing data, business intelligence, and reporting solutions from start to end. This position organizes the collection, processing, and storing of data from different sources; and automates the processes of getting good quality data accessible for consumption by Data Analytics and Machine Learning models.
About the Role:
In this role you will be:
- Understanding customer requirements and project KPIs.
- Assisting with the Data Warehouse, Business Intelligence (BI), and Information Management practices.
- Developing, implementing, and maintaining Extract, Load & Transform (ETL) pipelines (Taking raw unstructured data from multiple sources, cleansing, transforming, and storing it in the Data Warehouse). Creating documentation and data flows.
- Implementing various development, testing, automation tools, and IT infrastructure to support BI, data & analytics.
- Assisting to build end-to-end advanced analytics and AI/ML solutions.
- Understanding and managing the data, how it interconnects and architecting data for self-serve BI and Business Analysis (BA) opportunities.
- Optimizing data delivery; and working closely with Backend Developers to ensure performance and stability, recommend and build automated processes wherever possible, and re-design infrastructure for greater scalability.
- Collecting, preparing, and analyzing patterns in datasets; helping to identify the business data needed to produce the most useful insights and future analytics.
- Maximizing the effective use of data and data products, as well as continually improving the quality, accuracy, integrity, integration, relevance, and consistent management of data to ensure that data is credible and trusted.
- Investigating data issues; maintaining data integrity; performing root cause analysis as needed.
- Managing data assets and their use by following industry standards and innovative data-related tools in response to the business needs of Smart Access and its customers; striving for continuous improvement.
- Identifying and deploying cybersecurity measures by continuously performing vulnerability assessments and risk management.
- Managing stakeholders and external interfaces; coordinating and communicating within the team and with customers.
- Managing periodic progress reporting to Management and the customer.
Necessary Skills and Qualifications:
- University graduation in Computer Science, Information Systems, Statistics, or a related quantitative discipline, plus a minimum of three (3) years related experience in the development of data analytics and data management.
- 5+ years of professional experience in the field of BI / Data Engineering / Data & Analytics preferred.
- Exceptional communication and customer relationship skills, including the ability to discover the true requirements, underlying feature requests, and recommend alternative technical and business approaches.
- Experience in data reporting tools, such as Tableau, Python, Looker, Microsoft Power BI
- Knowledge of algorithms; data modeling and visualization; machine learning; and data science, including mathematics, statistical analysis, and collection and storage of data
- Ability to utilize advanced analytics, data science, and machine learning to give Smart Access’ business and products a competitive advantage.
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform (GCP) services.
- Working knowledge of various tools, open-source technologies, and cloud services such as Docker, Git, Bitbucket.
- An expert with SQL; MS Excel and Python Statistical Programming skills.
- Experience with Database creation, integration, and management; configuration and managing databases such as PostgreSQL, Big Query, MS SQL Server.
- Knowledge of Data Warehousing solutions, Snowflake and Star schemas, and ETL tools.
- Experience with Data APIs and working on Linux-based infrastructure.
- Critical thinking; excellent numerical, analytical, and troubleshooting skills.
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive with the intention of flawless execution.
- Creative, curious, thrive in a fast-paced environment; ability to multitask.
- Excellent written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills with a strong understanding of the business stakeholders’ goals and objectives and how they relate to data.
- Business and detail-oriented.
- Previous experience in a Product company or organization preferred.
We know that innovation thrives on product teams where diverse points of view come together to solve hard problems in ways that are just now possible. As such, we explicitly seek people that bring diverse life experiences, diverse educational backgrounds, diverse cultures, and diverse work experiences. Please be prepared to share with us how your perspective will bring something unique and valuable to Smart Access.