Location: Curitiba, Parana (Hybrid/Remote)
Company: Wiley (CLT Position)
Our mission is to unlock human potential. We welcome you for who you are, and the background you bring, and we embrace individuals who get excited about learning. Bring your experiences, your perspectives, and your passion; it’s in our differences that we empower the way the world learns.About the Role:
This position within the Wiley Data Analytics & Insights team will be helping to build the next generation of Wileys Data Platform. We are focused on optimizing the developer experience, data quality & platform stability through the embrace of open-source solutions, open platforms and modern technologies.
The role will have frequent interaction/collaboration with Solutions Architect, Data Architects, BI & Analytics Development, Data Engineering, Marketing, Sales, Application/Product teams and Enterprise Architects to support Wiley’s Data Analytics and Insights roadmap.
The role will be part of the Chief Data Architect organization.
Data Engineers develop and maintain data pipelines from multiple data sources into our Data Platform. These individuals will work very closely with the other development leads, data engineers and data architects to build and maintain data pipelines going to different zones of Wiley’s Data Platform.
Senior Data Engineers determine the optimal approach for extracting, transforming and loading data into different zones of Wiley’s Data Platform while ensuring alignment with our technology roadmap. These individuals continue to learn from industry trends and technology developments, sharing their knowledge and enthusiasm with others in the organization.How you will make an impact:
What we look for:
- Design and implement secure data pipelines into a Snowflake data warehouse from on premise and cloud data sources
- Collaboratively design the future state of Wiley’s data platform in an iterative fashion
- Define best practices and standards for data pipelining and integration with the data lake & data warehouses in collaboration with Data Architects and other Data leads
- Collaborate with a global data team who will be building and testing data applications in Wiley’s Data Platform.
- Continuously improve the efficiency, performance & resiliency of Wiley’s Data Platform
- Ensure enterprise security and access control policies are adhered to in the solution
- Creation of architecture and design artifacts and documents
- Conduct design and code reviews.
- B.S Computer Science or related degree
- Passionate about data, analytics, automation & cloud technologies
- 4+ years experience in data pipeline architecture and engineering
- Experience contributing to a modern data platform
- Strong understanding of various data formats (e.g. CSV, XML, JSON) and data source types (e.g. structured, unstructured, API, relational)
- Professional experience with modern data warehouse technologies (Snowflake, BigQuery, etc.)
- Deep understanding of SQL and relational databases (Snowflake preferred)
- Professional experience with CI/CD tools and practices (Jenkins, GitHub Actions, etc.)
- Professional experience with Kubernetes
- Professional experience with Python
- Hands-on experience with AWS (SQS, S3, Kinesys, Firehose, MKS, Lambda)
- Experience with open-source data lakehouse technologies (Iceberg, Delta Lake) preferred
- Experience with open-source data platform components (dbt, Spark, Trino, Airflow, Dagster, etc.) preferred
- Experience with Snowflake preferred.
Enabling Discovery, Powering Education, Shaping Workforces.
We clear the way for seekers of knowledge: illuminating the path forward for research and education, tearing down barriers to society’s advancement, and giving seekers the help they need to turn their steps into strides.
Wiley may have been founded over two centuries ago, but our secret to success remains the same: our people. We are willing to challenge the status quo, move the needle, and be innovative. Wiley’s headquarters are located in Hoboken, New Jersey, with operations across the globe in more than 40 countries.When applying, please attach your resume/CV to be considered