Lead Data Scientist
Based in MK. Please note we are following current public guidelines therefore this role will be home based temporarily.
Excellent Salary and benefits package
Domino’s has invested in a new Strategy & Insights team. This role is responsible for using Data science techniques and tools to deliver our customers the best possible pizza experience. You will be working across all areas of the business to unlock the value of our data. We are looking for an experienced candidate who has created a Data Science function before. As most of our sales come through digital channels we have a wealth of great data to create value from.
- Deliver high-quality data-driven solutions to real business problems across all areas of Domino’s
- Build up a suite of fit for purpose Data Science tools
- Provide meaningful contributions to all aspects of a Data Science solution, from data manipulation, modelling research, coding, transitioning into production and finally validation of results.
- Liaise with our Data Science team in the US to bring their best practice into the UK and Republic of Ireland, tailored to fit our requirements.
- Present and communicate insights by applying best practice forms of analysis, storytelling and data visualisation
- Comply with all applicable UK and Ireland Data Protection and ePrivacy legislation and report non-compliances where identified to the Data Protection team
- Ability to demonstrate the highest levels of integrity and caution in respect of safe data usage
- Proven experience in applying data science techniques in a commercial environment and turning insights into commercial value.
- MSc or PhD degree in a quantitative discipline such as Maths, Data Science, Engineering, Computer Science, or similar
- Comfortable with the fundamentals of a wide range of machine learning techniques
- Experience putting models and processes into production via hands-on implementation or managing/driving the implementation process
- Expert in the use of either Python (preferred) or R
- Experience of using data visualisation tools to report on and visualise findings (e.g. Tableau)
- Ideally experience managing a small team
- Self-starter, an individual who can manage projects independently but can also work collaboratively as part of a bigger team
- Proven track record and experience in setting up a Data Science function
- Ability to communicate messages effectively and engage with non analytical senior stakeholders
In return, we will provide the opportunity to work as part of a forward-thinking team within a successful, high profile FTSE 250 brand. Domino’s will provide the opportunity to develop skills and experience with a market leading brand along with a competitive salary and great benefits such as company pension, discretionary bonus, free parking and discretionary bonuses and of course - discounted pizza!
Please state your salary expectations in your application.