We are looking for one SAS certified DATA ENGINEER for clients' Data Lab in BRUSSELS. The start might be REMOTE, but then the position will be ON-SITE in BRUSSELS, when Covid restrictions been lifted. Its a 6-month contract (extensions possible). Our client is an international Org' and a great reference in any CV! English speaking environment.
The consultant shall provide consulting services and support on data topics pertaining to client related business areas.
In this context it is required the support from a senior expert on Data Engineering in order to:
- Design and implement the data engineering solutions;
- Design and implement Datamodelling, interfaces definition, technical and functional documentation, etc.;
- Design, analyse, and implement of Business Intelligence components such as Data Warehouses, Data Lakes, Data Marts, ETLs, Reporting Tools, Analytics, Data Mining Tools, etc.;
- Design and implement data cleansing, data preparation or other type's data processing solutions using the available SAS, Oracle or other tools;
- Write code, debug, test and improve;
- Work in an agile/iterative way eg participate in drafting the backlog, user stories, definition of the sprints;
- Follow up, coordinate and facilitate all data manipulation activities and initiatives;
- Collect business requirements and interact with the business users;
- Provide support and training on data manipulation and processing to the different stakeholders;
- Draft and/or review technical requirements for a data analytics environment, both in terms of hardware and software and creation of functional architecture for a data analytics environment;
- Contribute to the planning of related activities;
- Draft progress and technical reports;
- Follow-up on IT delivery, including the activities of external contractors;
- Signal risks and propose measures to mitigate those risks;
- Coordinate the Data Lab stakeholders eg business users, infrastructure team.
The expert must have:
- Any of the following SAS certifications: SAS Certified Base programming specialist, SAS Certified Advanced Programming Professional, SAS Certified Clinical Trials Programmer, SAS Certified Data Scientist, SAS Certified Advanced Analytics Professional, SAS Certified Predictive Modeller. Please note, the SAS Certified Associate: Programming Fundamentals certification is deemed insufficient.
- Expert knowledge with the SAS tools eg SAS Enterprise guide, SAS Visual Analytics supported by a minimum of 5 years' experience in at least 3 SAS tools eg SAS Vaya, SAS Enterprise Guide, SAS VA. The 5 years minimum experience shall be calculated for each of the tools and not cumulatively, but they could have been acquired simultaneously;
- Expert SAS programming language knowledge supported by a minimum of 5 years' experience in this area;
- Expert knowledge on identifying performance bottlenecks when working with big data, including in the non-SAS database layer, as well as tuning the SAS tools and code for better performance, supported by a minimum experience of 5 years in this area;
- Expert knowledge of database programming & Datamodelling supported by a minimum experience of 5 years in this area. A database programming certification shall be considered an asset;
- Expert knowledge on Data Warehousing techniques, designs and implementation supported by a minimum experience of 5 years in this area;
- Minimum 5 years' experience in implementing projects in an agile way;
- Minimum 3 years' experience in estimating the hardware requirements needed to ensure the performance requirements of big data projects;
- Minimum 3 years' experience in gathering requirements from the business users, preparing test data and executing test cases interacting with the business users;
- Minimum 3 years' experience in working on projects involving a large number of stakeholders;
- Ability to draft functional and technical documents, reports;
- Ability to work fluently in English is mandatory;
- A background in statistics and experience with the SAS statistical functions are considered to be an asset;
- Experience with other big data tools and languages eg R, Python, Stata is considered to be an asset.
The selection process shall include an interview, and potentially a hands-on exercise/test. Depending on the sanitary measures linked with the COVID-19 pandemic, the interview and test could be held on line or in person.
- The applicants attention is drawn to the important role that the curriculum vitae plays in the evaluation. Curriculum vitae shall illustrate the specific skills relevant to this request.
- We would like to receive CVs of suitable candidates together with pricing quotations, based on a daily net rate including travel costs for the services described for on-site and a rate for off-site work.
- Applicants must have an EU passport or a work permit for Luxembourg.
infom consulting is an owner-managed business and consulting firm in Germany. The company supports large corporations and larger SMEs across Europe. Our IT experts are realising projects for the European Institutions, United Nations agencies, International Organisations and multinational companies across the EU.
If this sounds of interest, then please get in touch ASAP so we can talk about the role and your experience.