Canada's Challenger Bank™
Equitable Group Inc. trades on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: EQB and EQB.PR.C) and serves a growing number of Canadians through Equitable Bank, Canada's Challenger Bank™. Equitable Bank has grown to become the country's eighth largest independent Schedule I bank with a clear mandate to drive real change in Canadian banking to enrich people's lives. Founded over 50 years ago, Equitable Bank provides diversified personal and commercial banking and through its EQ Bank platform has been named #1 Bank in Canada on the Forbes World's Best Banks 2021 list. EQ Bank provides state-of-the-art digital banking services, like the Savings Plus Account that reimagines banking by offering an everyday high interest rate, plus the flexibility of a chequing account, as well as a wide range of smart banking solutions for Canadians, like fast international money transfers, US dollar accounts and a suite of registered products.
Purpose of Job
The Analytics team within the Treasury group is responsible for the management of the department’s database along with providing analytical support, behavioural modeling and help to achieve operational efficiencies. This role is a multi-faceted one, as responsibilities include database management, development of front-end to the database, reporting automation and deployment of visualization tools.
Maintain and enhance Treasury’s existing SQL database (40%)
- Maintain and enhance existing Treasury’s databases.
- Ensure daily and monthly ETL processes run seamlessly.
- Complete database issue fixes on a timely basis.
- Develop new tables / processes for data related to new products or those that are not currently in the database.
- Develop stored procedures and task automation ensuring functionality for Treasury team.
- Work with EDM team for creation of new processes or troubleshooting of any issues.
Develop Automated Data Reporting Processes (20%)
- Deploy data visualization tools (i.e., Tableau, Power BI) for reporting automation.
- Conduct analysis, design, and implement stored procedures for the structure required for data visualization tools.
Develop Front-end Tool (20%)
- Support the manager in identify tools/platforms that will assist with process enhancement for areas within Treasury (e.g. front end to SQL database, cash/ liquidity management platform, IRR management tool, trading etc.).
- Work with the treasury team to understand departmental needs (as it relates to automation).
- Provide technical support in evaluating and coordinating the initiatives with regards to front-end application tools.
Ensure Compliance to Data Governance (10%)
- Ensure all processes and associated controls are documented.
- Maintain a code library for regular/routine queries.
- Ensure compliance to change management guidelines.
- Follow appropriate approval process for providing database access privileges.
Departmental Data Support (10%)
- Liaise with internal (treasury) and external partners (within the Bank) in identifying data needs and ensure high level of service is maintained at all times
What we offer [For full-time permanent roles]
Competitive discretionary bonus
✨ Market leading RRSP match program
Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits
Employee Share Purchase Plan
Maternity/Parental top-up while you care for your little one
Generous vacation policy, personal days and even a moving day
Virtual events to connect with your fellow colleagues
Education reimbursement program
A fulfilling opportunity to join one of the top FinTechs and help create a new kind of banking experience
Equitable Bank is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. All candidates considered for hire must successfully pass a criminal background check and credit check to qualify for hire. While we appreciate your interest in applying, an Equitable recruiter will only contact leading candidates whose skills and qualifications closely match the requirements of the position.