Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Analytics is a competitive differentiator for Nike and is fundamentally changing how the company serves athletes and consumers around the world! The Nike Commercial Analytics team builds analytic-based solutions to manage marketplace and optimize the supply chain. Using big data, advanced analytics and state-of-the-art technology, we strive to ensure that Nike gets the right product to the right place at the right time for the consumers.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join our Advanced Analytics team. This role will be part of a multi-functional agile squad responsible for using predictive analytics to forecast consumer demand, enhance decision making and drive to action against our strategic priorities. Does this sound like you?
The candidate needs to be a dependable teammate with strong hands-on analytics experience, drive, and curiosity. You know how to rise above the numbers and explain the crucial insights to users at all levels. You simplify and distill business complexity into testable hypotheses and scalable solutions. While you are well versed in a plethora of advanced modeling techniques, you are able to identify the technique optimal for the task at hand based on the business requirements, your knowledge of the data and the technique’s assumptions, interpretability and robustness. You ask good questions, are continually learning as well as finding opportunities to share knowledge with others!
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
If this is you, you will be part of an Advanced Analytics squad that delivers scalable models to power digital demand sensing to enable critical investment decisions at Nike. Specifically, you will:
- Develop new sophisticated algorithms and improve existing approaches based on statistical/econometric methods, machine learning techniques and big data solutions to forecast consumer demand and determine optimal level of investment in various stages of the supply chain.
- Assess business requirements and constraints to make trade-off recommendations between speed and accuracy of alternative solution approaches.
- Identify and apply appropriate methods to acquire, explore, cleanse, and fuse data from different sources.
- Be a key contributor to building, scoring, deploying, monitoring, updating and promoting Nike’s central forecasting platform.
- Facilitate the planning, scheduling and value measurement of the work to meet timeline targets and success criteria.
- Support the adoption of analytic products through effective storytelling and collaboration with key partners.
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
You will report to the Director of Data Science while partnering on daily basis with the fellow data scientists, data analysts, and engineers. You will collaborate across the broader organization with business teams in Demand and Supply Management and Nike Direct as well as other data, analytics and technology functions at Nike.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Bachelor/Master's degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Demonstrated understanding of market demand and supply interactions. Working knowledge of forecasting techniques, such as surveys, trend analysis, econometric models and machine learning algorithms.
- Strong skills in programming languages (particularly Python and SQL) and ability to apply them for data acquisition, preprocessing, modeling and monitoring.
- Familiarity with the wide range of data science/analytics software tools (e.g. Jupyter Notebook, SQL consoles, Spark, Git) and cloud computing platforms (e.g. Amazon Web Services).
- Experience in building, training, scoring, tuning and maintaining predictive models in production at enterprise scale and familiarity with mainstream packages relevant to managing all stages of Data Science/Analytics lifecycle.
- Familiarity with the Agile development process and demonstrable ability to prepare a project plan, communicate the plan to the team and break the work down to trackable tasks.
- Proven track record of working cross functionally and critically evaluate complex business information from multiple perspectives, including questioning assumptions and validity.
Open to remote work, except cannot work in South Dakota, Vermont, and West Virginia. These candidates will be required to relocate. For employees based in Colorado, this position starts at $140,000 per year. Information about benefits can be found here.
Nike requires all applicants for this position to be vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of hire, unless otherwise required by law. As an equal opportunity employer, Nike will make accommodations to individuals who cannot be vaccinated in accordance with applicable law.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.