Momentum Financial Services Group, formerly Money Mart Financial Services is a leading provider of financial services in North America. For 40 years we've been committed to providing financial solutions that meet the evolving needs of consumers and business owners. Backed by a retail network of over 500 locations and robust digital and mobile platforms, we provide access to cash and related products to help our customers achieve their goals. We operate retail locations in local communities and cities across Canada under the Money Mart® brand and in Quebec as Insta Cheques® and in United States as Money Mart® and The Check Cashing Store®.
Our highly skilled workforce puts customers first in everything we do. We serve millions of people annually with diverse and innovative financial products and services. Through this ever-evolving suite of services, we empower customers to manage their finances and improve their lives. Wherever customers are on their financial journey, Momentum Financial Services Group provides solutions.
We believe in giving back to the communities where we live and work. With the generous support of our customers and staff, we proudly contribute over two hundred & fifty thousand dollars annually to charities and non-profit organizations, along with using our time and talent to serve in local communities throughout Canada and the United States. We are looking for aspiring, passionate people who are dedicated to understanding and providing our customers with the right financial solutions utilizing a growing menu of products and services. We embrace diversity and offer a fast-paced work environment.
Come, join a team where you can make a difference. Bring your passion in Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning to life, bringing a fast growing consumer lending Fin-Tech to the next stage, and have fun doing it.
Momentum's Analytics & Risk Organization is responsible for managing the risk-reward throughout the lifecycle of our credit products and customer journey. This is an exciting organization where the contributions by the team members can really help Momentum's bottom line and create experiences that our customers love.
Artificial Intelligence and Machine learning are at the core of modern FinTech. You would be part of a new, cutting-edge Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning center of excellence, tasked with developing innovative solutions for helping the business grow and become more efficient. You get the gist – enjoy the experience of working on high impact, Silicon Valley style projects, while living in anywhere in the country. You also get the learn about how big data is revolutionizing the world of consumer financial services.
- The Risk & Analytics team is looking for a high-performing professionals who will apply their quantitative expertise, attention to detail, and curiosity to solve business problems
- Develop quantitative solutions for managing credit risk, fraud risk, marketing campaigns and enhanced customer segmentation
- Conceive, design & monitor risk management strategies to improve business profitability in the areas of underwriting, credit line management, universe expansion and alternative data evaluation for lending.
- Analyze customer level information to determine the effectiveness of strategies and recommend necessary changes to improve profitability.
- Innovative use of data and processes to improve risk management strategies and the customer experience.
- Analyze portfolio trends to deliver strategic business insight from internal and external data.
- Communicate concise and actionable business strategies from vast amounts of data for Sr. Management.
- Master’s degree or higher in a quantitative field such as Decision Science, Data Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Operations Research, Engineering, Finance, or Economics.
- 2+ years of experience in Financial Services, specifically within Credit Risk Management, Fraud Risk or Marketing Analytics
- 2+ years of experience solving business problems leveraging data and analytics.
- 2+ years of experience using SQL, R, Python, Tableau, or similar data-mining and analytics applications.
- Capable of completing descriptive, diagnostic, exploratory, predictive, and prescriptive analytical exercises.
- Proven ability to give meaning, insight, and purpose to information to drive business decisions.
- Capable of managing change through typical strategy development lifecycle stages such as Ideation, Solutioning, Execution, and Go-To Market.
- Proficient in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, problem-solving, time-management, collaboration, and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to simply explain complex information to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to work autonomously as well as in a team setting.
- Demonstrated ability to influence critical business outcomes in a matrix based, global environment.
- Aptitude and willingness to roll-up the sleeves and get involved in the details.
- Highly curious with the desire to go deep beneath the surface to solve problems.
- Must have good business judgment with demonstrated ability to think creatively and strategically.
- Medical / Dental/ Vision benefits available
- Company paid life insurance
- Paid holidays
- PTO / 401K / Tuition Reimbursement
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
We invest in our employees, and offer extensive training, and development programs to set you up for future success. If we sound like a fit and you’re ready to start an exciting career with an organization that encourages employee growth, apply today! We look for bright, energetic, motivated individuals who are interested in learning and developing their career.