3Brain is a young, fast-growing, dynamic company focusing on brain technologies, one of the most fascinating research and business sectors with multiple applications and impacts on human life. 3Brain’s mission is to provide state of the art technology to support life science research and improve human health. In particular, 3Brain develops, manufactures and distributes high-quality instruments based on our patented CMOS multi-electrode array, a high-resolution neuro-electronic chip. The company is headquartered in Switzerland nearby Zurich, has a SW R&D office in Italy, and has installed its products in laboratories and pharma companies worldwide.Tasks
3Brain is looking for a data scientist for its Italian office to join the Data Science R&D team. The candidate will have a critical role in establishing the foundations of the 3Brain’s future software products. The ideal candidate must have experience in signal processing and machine learning and will interact with other members of the team. This position requires hands-on coding.
- Design and develop innovative strategies and solutions related to the Company's research and development lines using advanced signal processing and machine learning techniques.
- Conduct research on aspects of statistical analysis and advanced machine learning techniques and contribute to possible scientific publications.
- Code software and/or tools, based on the research output, that can be integrated to the Company’s current or future products.
- Modify existing software and tools to fix errors and improve the overall quality and functionality.
- MSc/PhD degree in computer science, informatics engineering, applied mathematics, bioinformatics, bioengineering or similar.
- 1+ years of hands-on experience in signal processing and machine learning projects.
- Knowledge of Matlab and/or Python.
- Collaborative problem-solving ability, action-oriented and results-focused.
- Excellent English language skills.
- Applicant must have an EU residence permit.
- Candidates with knowledge of C# and/or C/C++ are strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of numpy and/or tensorflow.
- Knowledge of Intel oneAPI and/or OpenCV
- A dynamic and stimulating work environment driven by a desire to build transformational technologies to help others.
- A young, fast-growing company with plenty of opportunities for personal growth and development.
- Working place: Genova, Italy. It is a wonderful Mediterranean city with and incredible history, located at the heart of nearby world-renowned places Cinque Terre or Milan, the fashion and business hub of Italy.
To apply send your CV and short motivation letter to hr(at)3brain(dot)com
, subject: Data Scientist