The Junior Data Analyst serves as a member of the IRAD team, assisting the Institutional Research and Assessment Director with data collection, validation and analysis of complex data and reporting to both internal and external audiences, as well as supporting campus-wide assessment of academic and educational support services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Junior Data Analyst shall coordinate and facilitate activities as directed by the Institutional Research and Assessment Director, including but not limited to:
- Demonstrated ability to gather data from heterogeneous sources, compile information, and prepare reports and dashboards.
- Possesses visualization tool skills to develop visual presentations of information in a compelling, user-friendly format (with Tableau, Excel, etc.)
- Aids IRAD and coordinates with faculty in the writing of critical reports
- Coordinates and administers campus-wide surveys
- Maintains and supports established research designs, data collection protocols, and models of analysis to evaluate program and institutional effectiveness
- Maintains existing reports and develops customized reports to extract and collect data according to University needs
- Demonstrates an attention to detail with an understanding of the larger significance of research and assessment practices
- Demonstrates proficiency with standard office software packages and reporting tools such as Microsoft Office Suite.
- Demonstrates knowledge of relational database as well as data analysis software tools such as Python data analysis library
- Reports conclusions, recommendations, and implications to faculty, administrators, and curriculum teams as directed by IRAD
- Actively participates in accreditation efforts and site visits
- Safeguards confidentiality and security procedures regarding the use and storage of confidential data
- Performs other assignments on an ad hoc basis
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution and 1 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Flexibility to handle a diversity of details in order to make informed and responsive decisions on matters that affect the academic programs of the department. Ability to establish both short and long-term academic objectives and operations for the department. Must have extensive experience in writing complex SQL queries and data visualization.
Must possess strong oral and written communication skills. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and governing body regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from colleagues, learners, accrediting and licensing agencies, and the general public. Experience in human relations and dealing with the human aspects of the organization.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee must regularly talk and actively listen. The employee is occasionally required to stand and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include computer technology and written materials which require close vision and color vision. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
As a remote employee, he/she must provide a work space that is safe and conducive to a business atmosphere where staff can interact with and provide undivided attention, removed from distractions.
$24-$26 PER HOUR
CalSouthern is an equal opportunity employer M/ D/ V/ F/ SO.