- Join an innovative company that is customer and data centric
- Apply your creative thinking to solving complex problems using vast and diverse data sets!
- Pursue your passion for learning and getting things done
- Permanent role - Flexible Location
Senior Data Scientist
About the role
The data science team aspires to create value from data through the use of advanced analytics, cognitive computing and AI.
The role of Senior Data Scientist is accountable for creating core data, models and algorithmic components that form part of data science solutions, uplifting the group’s advance analytics capability and provide innovative outcomes to enhance our customer experience.
We are looking for an experienced and passionate Data Science/ML/AI professional, who loves to question the status quo and evaluate problems from various perspective. You are highly driven and independent with highly developed business acumen.
Some Key Accountabilities
- Provide subject matter expertise and possess exceptional technical capability in one or more areas of data science
- Participate in and/or lead the design and technical development of data science initiatives (data, models, algorithms advice etc.)
- Research, design and build pragmatic, scaleable, and statistically rigorous solutions
- Engage with business stakeholders understand their pain points, identify opportunities and contribute to developing advanced analytical/data science solutions that can create real value for them
- Contribute to the evaluation of possible data sources and analytical techniques that could be used to provide a superior business outcome.
Successful Data Scientist will have:
- Technical post graduate qualification (statistics, actuarial, engineering, maths etc) is essential.
- A wealth of experience in commercial complex data science/advanced analytics, with a specialist skill set.
- Solid proficiency in Python. Highly advantageous: SQL, xnix, stash, bitbucket code management.
- Experience in delivering complex multivariate predictive analytics solutions in a commercial context (such as, predictive modelling, text analytics, optimisation and decisioning algorithms). Understanding of digital data and analytical applications in near real time would be highly advantageous.
- Highly valued: experience working with clickstream data.
- A desire to continually upskill and adapt technical skills to the changing data science technical landscape.
- Need to have a curious mind that doesn’t accept the status quo
- Superior communication skills
What Suncorp will offer in return:
- High potential career development opportunities at an ASX top 20 company on the move
- A professional, supportive and friendly culture
- A range of corporate and life style benefits
- Employer of choice for gender equality
- Flexible work-life balance options
Advertised: 06 Oct 2021 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 15 Oct 2021 AUS Eastern Daylight Time