Responsible for managing day-to-day activities related to the maintenance of master data in the systems, with primary focus on pricing information. Master Data Analyst ensures that new records creation and existing information maintenance is done in timely manner and is following Wajax best practices.The Role
- Participate in Health and Safety programs designed to ensure our “Everyone Home Safe” initiatives are achieved.
- Work closely with pricing and SC teams to ensure timely interaction and communication
- Ensure the Price Changes are done in a timely manner, seeking to enter pricing information in advance, and communicate with relevant parties by e-mail or by posting the information.
- Execute data maintenance/creation to effectively support the business. Create and modify items as appropriate.
- Maximize data availability and accuracy in the system with the focus on value-added information (ex. full descriptions, attributes, cross reference information, etc.)
- Makes decisions using established guidelines, procedures and / or policies, within a level of accountability.
- Perform regular cleansing activities to ensure quality of data in the system is at the highest possible level and up-to-date.
- Remove and deactivate obsolete / discontinued items
- Reconcile user-created items against the suppliers' price file and in-house systems.
- Ensure correct unit of measure for each item is specified within systems.
- Validate SSRS reports and liaise with Data Analysts for revisions.
- Communicate with vendors to obtain any missing data or documents (ex. MSDS/SDS)
- Inform internal and external users about data changes, modifications or updates.
- Support implementation of Infor/M3 system (migration from current legacy systems)
- Education: Diploma or technical certificate in Engineering, Mathematics or Statistical fields. Analytically trained.
- Work Experience: 2-3 years. Experience in Supply Chain, Pricing or Operations mass data manipulation environments required.
- Knowledge: Bilingual (English and French). Strong working knowledge of data control practices & processes and Integrated Supply Chain and Pricing concepts. Lean and Continuous improvement experience is an asset. General knowledge of industrial goods and equipment. Strong mathematical reasoning and analytical skills required.
- Proficiency: Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Advanced Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Microsoft Access and Power BI. Well developed analytic and interpretive skills required.
Since 1858, Wajax has been serving major Canadian industries as one of the nation’s leading mobile equipment, power systems, and industrial products and services providers. Wajax operates in the mining, oil sands, oil & gas, construction, forestry, industrial/commercial, transportation, and metal processing industries – to name a few.Benefits
Wajax offers a total compensation package that includes competitive pay, comprehensive benefits, learning and development, as well as some unique additional “perks.” Highlights include:
- 100% employer paid medical and dental benefits with no waiting period for eligibility
- Wajax-led e-learning, and product training through industry leading manufacturers such as Hitachi, 3M, and Detroit Diesel.
- Discounts with the “Big 3” auto manufacturers, equivalent to their internal employee pricing.
Wajax is committed to employing a workforce that is representative of the diverse communities across Canada in which we do business. As an equal opportunity employer, please inform us if any accommodation is required if contacted for an interview.
As a condition of employment, final candidates will be subject to pre-screening.\\ Together we get more done.