Job Posting : May 2, 2022
Job Posting End Date : Jun 2, 2022
Location : US-WA-Seattle-Starbucks Support Center
Is this role eligible for remote or hybrid work? : Yes-Remote
Starbucks - Data Analytics
Schedule : Full-time
Job Summary and Mission
This job contributes to Starbucks success by guiding business decisions through utilizing data analysis and consulting that results in predicting outcomes, understanding complex data relationships, and developing a quantitative return on investment. This position partners on a cross-functional team of data scientists, statisticians, and business analysts supporting strategic initiatives utilizing the latest in computing technologies and operating across customer transactions and data elements to unlock the opportunities to support our global business. Models and acts in accordance with Starbucks guiding principles.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Leverage and enhance Starbucks’ “DeepBrew” data science experimentation and ML solutions deployment platform that is built in Azure
- Build and operationalize Machine Learning models in batch, real-time data pipelines and scalable Restful APIs
- Employ scaling and automation to data preparation in cloud-based VMs and clusters
- Determine analytics approaches to solve business problems; incorporate machine learning algorithms where appropriate
- Actively participate in an Agile team structure designed to create a bias for action (fail fast)
- Connect insights to business decision making options and next steps testing
- Understand business initiatives and serve as primary analytic resource in discussions with business partners to define business questions and research opportunities
- Drive creation of business insights package and recommendations; lead presentations
- Create clear and concise packaging and presentation of data products’ design and utility to business leaders and broader analytics community
- Promote and advocate value of advanced analytics to solve business problems within department - Mentor peers in data science
Puts the Customer First: Has a relentless focus on the customer. Understands what the customer wants and how to best deliver the experience.
Works Well with Others: Listens and communicates well with others within and outside of Starbucks. Creates a team environment that is positive and productive.
Leads Courageously: Takes personal responsibility to do the right thing, and persists in times of challenge or uncertainty. Adapts quickly to change and makes timely, thoughtful decisions.
Develops Continuously: Continuously seek opportunities to improve self and others. Leads with trust, honesty and commitment to hire, coach and develop partners to achieve their potential.
Achieves Results: Understands what drives overall business success and is accountable to prioritize and deliver quality results. Demonstrates knowledge of core products and processes to get results. Anticipates obstacles and takes action to prevent or minimize their impact.
Summary of Experience
- 5 Years Experience within data analysis field or discipline
- Education: MS+ with concentration in quantitative discipline - Stats, Math, Comp Sci, Engineering, Econ or similar discipline
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience using Microsoft Azure (or AWS equivalent) cloud tech stack to build and deploy solutions
- Advanced competency and expertise in R or Python with exposure and business-applicable experience in additional languages
- Experience processing data at scale via Spark (PySpark, Scala, or Java) in Hadoop
- Advanced competency and expertise in at least one statistical modeling & machine learning technique (regression, tree models, survival analysis, cluster analysis, forecasting, anomaly detection, association rules, etc.) with non-academic experience in deployment to solve a business problem
- Basic SQL and NoSQL experience
- Ability to apply knowledge of multidisciplinary business principles and practices to achieve successful outcomes in cross-functional teams and projects
- Be an effective advocate within Starbucks for analytics to solve key business problems
- Experience with one or more compiled programming languages such as C++, Java preferred -Retail, customer loyalty and eCommerce experience preferred
Starbucks and its brands are an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals.
We are committed to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace that includes partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that enables us to better meet our mission and values while serving customers throughout our global communities. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with all federal state and local ordinances. Starbucks Corporation is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at 206-318-0660 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org