Lead Data Scientist - Digital
Capco is a global technology and business consultancy, focused on the financial services sector. We are passionate about helping our clients succeed in an ever-changing industry.
- Experts in banking and payments, capital markets and wealth and asset management
- Deep knowledge in financial services offering, including e.g. Finance, Risk and Compliance, Financial Crime, Core Banking etc.
- Committed to growing our business and hiring the best talent to help us get there
- Focused on maintaining our nimble, agile and entrepreneurial culture
Capco is looking for talented, innovative and creative people to join our Machine learning team to work on a number of exciting new technology initiatives like Blockchain, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence and Open APIs.
What we’re looking for:
Data Scientists experienced in using statistical, algorithmic, mining and/or visualisation techniques to address complex business problems and have demonstrable experience using data science to see beyond the numbers.
The successful candidate will lead teams responsible for developing proof of concepts and will have the opportunity to learn new coding languages and develop their own technical skills.
They will drive relationships with key clients, ensuring delivery of ongoing projects, as well as working to identify new commercial opportunities, taking pride in your ability to clearly articulate complex data strategies to non-technical stakeholders.
In addition to this, they will be expected to leverage their expertise to train and grow Data Scientists at a range of experience levels.
- Understanding business challenges and creating valuable actionable insights
- Performing analysis using statistical and ML methods for predictive analytics, classification, clustering and regression.
- Clean, manage, and structure data from disparate sources
- Enable data-driven decisions
- Help transition from development environment to production
You will be working on various problems including;
- Information retrieval and indexing.
- Semantic analysis and search in multi-field documents.
- Content categorization and classification.
- Similarity in multidimensional data.
- Relevance and ranking of documents.
- Recommendation Engines
- Anti-money laundering
Analytics, modelling or software development experience including coding/software development skills. In particular:
- Able to articulate complex data science concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience in leading & growing teams of Data Scientists
- Experience in implementing Machine Learning algorithms (e.g. regression, classification, topic modelling, time series).
- Experience of Python (essential), Scala/Java (desirable)
- Experience working with big data technologies (Spark, Hadoop, Hive, Redshift, SQL or similar)
- Experience with Data science toolkits for ML and deep learning (scikit-learn, SparkML, Tensorflow, Keras)
- Experience in Agile development methods
- Experience of working in cloud environments (Azure, GCP, AWS etc)
- Experience with data visualisation tools (Tableau, QlikView etc)
- Deploying machine learning models and systems to production
You are also expected to have:
- Higher level degree (MsC/PhD) in a numerate discipline.
- Strong mathematical and statistical analysis skills
- Financial services industry experience
- DevOps experience (Git, CI etc)
- Cloud fundamental or architect accreditations (GCP Preferred)
- Entries into Kaggle Competitions