The Senior Data Scientist within CVS Health is on the front line of driving innovation and directly impacting business decisions. This role is part of a team building an analytical cloud-based platform that helps Pharmacy Segments forecast drug utilization outcomes and optimize pricing. You will have a chance to modernize drug utilization analysis. You will work with teammates from our business groups, product management, data engineering, and application development, as well as with your peers from partner data science groups. This role will create analytics products that are a combination of software, data, and other digital tools providing insights and recommendations to business leaders making tactical and strategic decisions. The analytics products may leverage a combination of descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive analytics approaches.
- Identify opportunities to modernize an actuarial framework with data science model-based solutions.
- Determine analytical approaches and modeling techniques to evaluate scenarios and potential future outcomes.
- Develop complex algorithms and statistical predictive models.
- Extract qualitative and quantitative relationships (i.e., patterns, trends) from large amounts of data using statistical and data mining tools.
- Work alongside the data engineering team to assess data quality, clean and organize data, optimize data flow and organization of code, productionize and scale models.
- Apply analytical rigor and statistical methods to analyze large amounts of data using advanced statistical techniques.
- Develop an advanced understanding of the current forecasting system, stakeholders, work products, and identify opportunities for enhancements and support of new initiatives.
- Create a new system to measure the forecast accuracy of current systems.
The Analytics & Behavior Change team sits at the intersection of CVS and Aetna. We are an elite, rapidly growing community of nearly 1,000 MDs, PhDs, MBAs, and MScs from top-tier universities and industries who bring their clinical, technical, and economic experience to bear in tackling some of today’s most critical healthcare questions.
Get in at the ground floor of our digital transformation. The combined data assets of CVS and Aetna are massive and largely untapped. Help us revolutionize healthcare by innovating solutions to high-visibility challenges with unparalleled access to unique datasets.Required Qualifications
COVID RequirementsCOVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
- 3 or more years of relevant analytic experience
- 3 or more years of experience programming using R, Python, SQL
- 3 or more years of experience with dimension reduction, machine learning, and statistical algorithms
CVS Health requires certain colleagues to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, religious belief, or other legally recognized reasons that prevents them from being vaccinated.
You are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status or apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 10 days of your employment. Please note that in some states and roles, you may be required to provide proof of full vaccination or an approved reasonable accommodation before you can begin to actively work.Preferred Qualifications
- Advanced knowledge level for SQL
- 3+ years of experience applying modern machine learning techniques to build predictive models for both classification and regression problems using python libraries such as scikit-learn, ml-lib, xgboost, keras etc.
- 3+ years’ experience with general linear models, including regression techniques, ensemble models, etc.
- 3+ years of experience coding in Python, including PySpark, pandas
- Experience with time series forecasting and causal modeling techniques
- Knowledge of full model development life cycle including EDA, feature engineering, data visualization, model development and deployment, forecast accuracy, model monitoring, model drift
- Experience with pharmaceutical or other healthcare domain with large administrative claims datasets including their associated code sets, terminologies, and ontologies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Operation Research, Statistics, Health Policy, or related field
- Preferred: Master’s Degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Applied Math, Operation Research, Statistics, Health Policy, or related field
Bring your heart to CVS Health
Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand — with heart at its center — our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver.
Our Heart At Work Behaviors™ support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day.
CVS Health is an affirmative action employer, and is an equal opportunity employer, as are the physician-owned businesses for which CVS Health provides management services. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, promotion, or any other personnel action based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.