Artificial Intelligence (AI) and data are at the core of our Group’s digital transformation. It will support us improving our product offerings, enhance customer service and underwriting capabilities. We are looking for an innovative, visionary, hands-on professional who possesses the passion and experience to take a key role within Zurich’s Group AI & Data Transformation team. Using and embedding deep learning, large language models (LLM), computer vision, machine learning and next generation agents to unlock the power of Generative AI, you will help to improve key business outcomes, through insights generation and human augmentation. You will join our multidisciplinary team that ideates, develops, implements, and deploys AI at the forefront. This is an excellent opportunity to take advantage of emerging AI trends to a real-world difference.
To do this we are looking for a hands-on, team-oriented personality with a passion for technology- and business-driven innovation and who wants to work with a team of talented AI experts, machine learning engineers, data engineers, backend developers, ML Ops professionals, architects, and AI Governance specialists. Your role
As a Data Engineer your main responsibilities will involve:
- Design and implement data pipelines for collecting, processing, and storing large datasets
- Develop and maintain data warehouses and databases for efficient data storage and retrieval
- Perform data cleaning, transformation, and aggregation to prepare data for analysis
- Develop and maintain ETL processes to ensure the consistent flow of data from source systems to data warehouses
- Collaborate with data scientists and analysts to ensure data is available and accessible for analysis
- Monitor and optimize data pipelines and systems for scalability, performance, and reliability
- Stay up-to-date with the latest research and technology advancements in the field of data engineering.
Creating, managing, and optimizing data pipelines, data warehousing, and ETL processes to support data-driven decision-making in the insurance industry.Your Skills And Experience
As an Data Engineer your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Expertise in programming languages such as Python, Java, or Scala
- Proficiency in SQL and database management systems such as Databricks, Redshift or Snowflake
- Willingness to learn and adopt new technologies, such as vector stores and other emerging tools, necessary for implementing large language model solutions at scale
- Experience with big data technologies such as Spark or Hadoop
- Knowledge of data modeling, data management and automated data operations
- Familiarity with cloud computing platforms such as Azure or AWS
- Familiarity with creation of reports, dashboards and data sharing through APIs
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience in working with Agile methodology
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
As well as a competitive salary and a yearly bonus we offer benefits package which includes:
- Option to work remotely within Spain even up to 100% - you choose
- Flexible working hours
- Wide range of internal and external trainings
- Free English, German and Spanish classes depending on the needs
- Ticket restaurant
- Life Insurance
- Pension Plan - after 1 year in the company
- Referral bonus if you bring other talented people like you
- Special banking and insurance conditions
- Exclusive Employees discounts
Primary work location is Barcelona. Please apply with your CV in English.Who We Are
Looking for a challenging and inspiring work environment where you can make a difference? At Zurich millions of individuals and businesses place their trust in our products and services every day. Our 53,000 employees worldwide form the basis of our success, enabling, businesses and communities to face a world of risk with confidence. Imagine if you could help people do this all over the world. You’d give them confidence and reassurance by protecting what they love most. It’s a big challenge, but you will be supported by a world-class team who believe in helping you to reach your full potential and deliver on our promises.
So be challenged. Be inspired. Help us make a difference.
At Zurich we are an equal opportunity employer. We attract and retain the best qualified individuals available, without regard to race/ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disabilityWhy Zurich
At Zurich, we like to think outside the box and challenge the status quo. We take an optimistic approach by focusing on the positives and constantly asking What can go right?
We are an equal opportunity employer who knows that each employee is unique - that’s what makes our team so great!
Join us as we constantly explore new ways to protect our customers and the planet .
- Location(s): ES - Barcelona
- Remote working: Yes
- Schedule: Full Time
- Recruiter name: Laura Santamaría Rodríguez