Data Engineer (Hospitality/HotelTech)
Join our client’s dynamic and rapidly expanding tech company as they embark on a mission to transform the global hotel industry. They have been recognized as the leading Hotel Management System provider for two consecutive years, driving innovation and empowering hoteliers worldwide. Our client is passionate about enabling hoteliers to optimize their operations and achieve remarkable success. With a global presence spanning multiple continents, their team of talented professionals works tirelessly across 10 strategically located offices.
If you are looking to be part of a forward-thinking organization that is revolutionizing the hospitality sector, we invite you to put your best foot forward. Embrace the opportunity to contribute to an exciting journey, as they shape the future of hotel management worldwide.
As the Data Engineer, you will be reporting to the Head of Product and your mission would be to help our client become the most adopted hotel management system in the world, by analysing company information and supporting Team Product, Sales, and Marketing with insights based on this. You will be using large data sets to find opportunities for product and process optimisation and use models to test the effectiveness of different courses of action. You will make use of data analysis methods, using a variety of data tools to build and implement models, as well as creating algorithms and running simulations.
If you are successful, You would need to be able to travel to Cape Town for our onboarding programme for the first 3 months in our beautiful offices.
Job type: On-site | Full Time
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
- A degree or higher qualification in: Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or another quantitative field
- 3-5 years’ experience in manipulating data sets and building statistical models
- Full proficiency and experience in SQL
- Experience in PHP and VueJs
- Experience using statistical computer languages such as PHP to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Experience working with and creating data architectures.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
- Skilled in mathematics and not afraid of the Linux command line
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across departments
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
- Strong problem-solving skills with an emphasis on product development.
- Working with other departments throughout the organisation to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions.
- Analyse and query data from company databases to drive optimisation and improvement of product development
- Pull data for our Teams on a daily basis on request
- Assist with capturing external data operating the crawlers and provide quality assurance on all real-time reports and boards
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data-gathering techniques.
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
- Use predictive modelling to increase and optimise customers’ journeys and experiences, revenue generation, and other business outcomes.
- Develop company A/B testing framework and test model quality.
- Coordinate with different departments to implement models and monitor outcomes.
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyse model performance and data accuracy.
Our client is focused on your development and growth within the company. Once you successfully achieve the points needed on your role based progression plan and are ready to take the next step, you can become the Senior Data Engineer!
- Working in a vibrant international fast growing company
- Unlimited learning & growth potential
- Your ideas and performance making a big difference in the organisation and the global hotel industry
- Work hard, Play hard mentality. Our client loves celebrating successes together!
- Employee Equity Scheme
- Regular trips to Europe for training & celebrational ceremonies (International Week)
- Annual company Hotel Experience
- Friday lunches
- Annual salary increases
- Training & Development opportunities
If you are interested, please send your application via our website or Job Link! We look forward to hearing from you!
Black Pen Recruitment is a global recruitment agency that targets European, African and American Markets with headquarters based in Malta (Europe) and Cape Town (South Africa).