Reporting to the Manager, Operational Reporting, the Data Analyst is responsible for supporting processes to update billing timekeeper master data and maintaining the integrity of data presented in high profile internal financial dashboards. The Data Analyst will also support the development and deployment of firm-wide operational reporting solutions, including routine and ad hoc reports.
Our hours of work are from 9 am to 5 pm. Occasional pre-authorized overtime may be required to meet client needs. We are currently working remotely and the role offers remote flexibility post pandemic.
At Fasken, success means:
- Having a strong client service approach – you’re ready, willing, and able to put our clients first and exceed their expectations
- Caring about one another – you possess strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build harmonious working relationships within your immediate team, across other departments in the firm and the community
- Working collaboratively – you’re a self starter who values working in a collaborative team based environment
- Possessing exceptional communication skills (both verbal and written) when dealing with lawyers, clients, staff and third parties
- Being extremely accurate with high attention to detail
- Ability to treat sensitive and confidential matters with discretion and diplomacy
Billing timekeeper data:
- Manage processes to enter and maintain personnel master data in the firm’s ERP system
- Work with other firm functions to ensure personnel master data is consistent across firm systems
- Review changes to personnel master data for accuracy and reasonability
- Provide user support or training as needed
Financial dashboard maintenance:
- Ensure accuracy of data in lawyer-available dashboards
- Identify and support improvements to internal controls over data
- Test the nightly rebuild of the data warehouse supporting the dashboards
- Provide first level support for issues with data warehouse synchronisation
- Work with the Operational Reporting team to develop, maintain, and deliver operational reporting
- Monitor operational metrics. Provide analysis and insights on the data to improve visibility of the financial health of the organisation, and work on projects to help improve business operations
- Respond to requests for data to support Management, Finance and other operations as part of the service delivery team
- Assist on projects related to data governance, automation and RPA in addition to ad hoc projects as assigned
Required Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or college diploma in a related field
- Minimum of three years of related experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of transaction processing system; experience with Elite 3E is an asset
- Experience with data warehouse management
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio, Microsoft Visual Studio (SSRS), or PowerBI is preferred
- MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, MS Project)
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant Firm procedures and systems
Diversity and Inclusion
At Fasken we believe a diverse workplace is comprised of individuals with unique backgrounds, characteristics and qualities. An inclusive workplace creates an equitable environment where individuals are respected and where they are welcome. Fasken is committed to diversity and inclusion in all that we do.
Accessibility and Accommodation
It is important to our Firm that all its members, including those with disabilities, find our workplace to be welcoming and supportive. Reasonable accommodations are available on request for candidates with disabilities taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Background and Reference Checks
Any offer of employment may be conditional upon full background checks including a criminal record check, a credit check, employment and educational verifications.
We appreciate hearing from all qualified candidates, however, only those applicants whose background and experience match our requirements will be contacted.
NO AGENCIES, PLEASE.