If you need assistance during the recruiting process due to a disability, please reach out to our Recruiting Accommodations Team through the Accommodation Request form
. This form is used only by individuals with disabilities who require assistance or adjustments in applying and interviewing for a job. This form is not for inquiring about a position or the status of an application.Data Engineer II
Are you passionate about big data and the technology needed to drive security and fraud prevention? Do you love building creative, high-scale data products using a diverse set of state-of-the-art technologies?
Expedia's Enterprise Risk & Fraud (EFR), Data Engineering team is searching for an outstanding Software Development Engineer who will deliver on key initiatives, starting from the idea phase all the way through requirements definition, analysis, technical specifications, development and product delivery. This is a highly visible role that requires an understanding of our large, complex technical environment and has the ability to create simple, elegant technical software/application solutions.
If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, know how to deliver, are deeply technical and analytical, highly innovative and long for the opportunity to shape a new business and build solutions to exciting problems that directly impact the company's bottom-line, we want to talk to you!What You'll Do
Who You Are
- Design and develop innovative solutions using NoSQL technologies
- Have a strong eye for the operational aspects of the platform such as deployment, performance tuning and monitoring
- Collaborate with business and technical teams to solve complex problems
- Influence the engineering practices within and beyond the team
About Expedia Group
- Coding proficiency in at least one programming language (Java, Scala, Python etc.)
- Strong background in data structures and algorithms
- Solid experience with NoSQL technologies (Hadoop, HDFS, Map-Reduce, Hive, Spark, Kafka etc.)
- Experience with automated testing, including unit, functional, and integration testing
- Self-starter that enjoys and takes pride in the development work of their team
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative and fast paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills as well as strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in Computer Science or related field; or equivalent related professional experience
- At least 2-3 years of proven experience, experience in architecting sophisticated, highly distributed data pipelines and stream processing solutions
- Proven Data Warehousing experience with one of Redshift, Snowflake, Teradata etc
- Experience building and managing applications with AWS technologies – S3, EC2, EMR etc
- Working understanding of relational databases including SQL and NoSQL
- Experience working in agile development environment
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50
Employment opportunities and job offers at Expedia Group will always come from Expedia Group’s Talent Acquisition and hiring teams. Never provide sensitive, personal information to someone unless you’re confident who the recipient is. Expedia Group does not extend job offers via email or any other messaging tools to individuals to whom we have not made prior contact. Our email domain is @expediagroup.com. The official website to find and apply for job openings at Expedia Group is careers.expediagroup.com/jobs .
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.