The Data Engineer (Consultant) will be an integral member of the Data Engineer Team. This is a hands-on role which will be responsible for design, development, and implementation of cutting-edge sophisticated data integration, data warehouse and data mart (ELT/ETL) solutions using Netezza, Oracle, Informatica, and Denodo. An ideal candidate will have extensive knowledge of the data warehouse architecture, capabilities, system setup, data integration, data modeling concepts.
The primary responsibility of this role is to support development operations, implementation, design, delivery and support of large enterprise data warehouse/BI environments, incident resolution, build reusable automation procedures and frameworks. This position requires strong collaboration with solution leads, data modelers, analysts, business partners and other developers to understand business requirements and provide appropriate data integration solutions in alignment with solution implementation architecture.
- 10+ years of proven hands-on experience in data integration, data warehouse, BI solution design, development, and implementation.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in at least one relational data source such as Oracle, SQL Server and Data warehouse MPP applications such Netezza, Teradata etc.
- Experience working in a cloud environment – AWS, Azure or GCP, related cloud specific flavor of big data/Hadoop/MPP platforms and other technology components.
- Experience with AI-ML tools like RapidMiner, Databricks or H20.AI.
- Experience with NOSQL databases like MongoDB, Cassandra or MarkLogic
- Hands-on experience in Python coding and familiarity with Python libraries used in data engineering and machine learning like Pandas, NumPy etc.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with Data Integration, Data Quality and Data Virtualization tools like Informatica PowerCenter, Informatica Data Quality and Golden Gate Replication.
- Proven expertise in writing efficient advanced and analytical SQL and Unix shell scripts.
- Hands-on experience with source version control, continuous integration, and experience with release/change management delivery tools /methodology.
- Extensive experience in triaging data issues, analyzing end to end data pipelines and in working with business users in resolving issues.
- Prior experience in leading a technical team, providing technical direction and mentoring junior data integration developer.
Knowledge and Experience
- Expert grasp of data warehouse design techniques including slowly changing dimensions, aggregation, partitioning and indexing strategies.
- Excellent communications and client interfacing skills as with an ability to work in a highly collaborative environment.
- Prior experience in healthcare Payor/provider space.
- Design and develop reusable components, code, and document custom automation frameworks, maintain scripts, and update these items as needed to build continuous delivery pipelines, ensuring rapid availability of the product.
- Work closely with Operations Production Support team in resolving escalated high priority incidents and the development coding issues.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or other related disciplines.