About The Position
Who we are:
We’re the most successful startup you’ve never heard of. We’ve saved 3 million
Americans over a billion dollars on their medications since we were founded in 2017. We’re focused on making medications more affordable and convenient to purchase and we’re giving consumers and their families the power to make better choices and lead healthier lives. We are a product-forward company that knows how to execute quickly, build things right, and be good to each other while we do it.
And we’re small. No smaller than that. Eight engineers including management (hint you manage yourself).
We don’t hire often and when we do it’s normally through referrals. So if you’re reading this, chances are you got it from someone who works here… ask them what it’s like!What we’re looking for:
We’re looking for an experienced Data Scientist to join our remote team. You need to be a strong problem solver who can act with very little oversight and deliver high-quality solutions.
We work in a very challenging business domain, the US HealthCare space. An important part of the role will be learning this domain and then applying that knowledge to solve complex problems. The scope of this role is very broad and you will be expected to have an opinion on the approach to pricing and data analytics for the entire company.Responsibilities:
The main responsibilities include (but are definitely not limited to):
- Strategize, test and implement Hippo’s pricing algorithms across multiple partners and pricing sources;
- Customer retention analysis and strategies to improve customer loyalty and LTV;
- Work hand-in-hand with Hippo’s data Engineers to implement strategic solutions and load new pricing, drug information etc.;
- Claim analysis and invoicing;
- Adhoc analysis based on business requirements with both SQL and Python;
- Keep our data safe. We are very serious about our customers' personal medical information
- 5+ years of data analysis and/or working with Data Solutions
- Strong Python / Pandas and SQL skills
- Good product thinking and ability to work independently towards goals
- Know the difference between simple and easy
- Excellent communication skills
- Healthcare experience is a big plus
Vacaciones / Flexibilidad de Trabajo
- Trabajo Remoto: Globalmente remoto