- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Economics, Math, Finance, Engineering, Computer Science or a related quantitative field.
- At least 5 years of experience with data querying languages (e.g. SQL, Redshift).
- At least 5 years of experience articulating business questions and using quantitative techniques and driving insights for business.
- Experience independently leading and delivering end-to-end analytics analyses and products.
- Experience with automated self-service reporting tools (e.g. Tableau).
The Traffic and Marketing Tech Cross-Channel Marketing Engagement (XCME) team seeks a Senior Data Analyst to measure and learn how customers react to the marketing they interact with across the various automated marketing channels (email/nudges/affiliate marketing/influencers/on-site publishers/search engine and social media ads) over time, and use this information to personalize our outreach to customers – in terms of modality, timing, frequency, and eventually even the messaging and UX we employ. Our goal is to improve customers’ experience with marketing across channels, improve conversion rates, and generate cross-channel marketing strategies for specific use cases.
Key job responsibilities
As a successful Data Analyst in XCME, you need to be voraciously curious about how Amazon’s customers (potential and current) transit to Amazon via various channels, and how they navigate across these channels. Your responsibility is to expose and measure inter-channel interactions, find and quantify opportunities for improved customer experience, and dive deep into existing data to find ways to better reach our customers wherever they are online. You will collaborate with engineering, research, data science and business teams for future innovation. You need to be a sophisticated user of data querying tools, and an expert at synthesizing and communicating insights and recommendations to audiences of varying levels of technical sophistication.Major responsibilities include:
- Translate / Interpret:
- Translate business questions and concerns into specific quantitative questions that can be answered with available data using sound methodologies. In cases where questions cannot be answered with available data, work with engineers to produce the required data.
- Measure / Quantify / Expand
- Retrieve, synthesize, and present critical data in a format that is immediately useful to answering specific questions or improving system performance.
- Explore/analyze data and work with Scientists and Product Managers to understand customer behavior, spot system defects, and benchmark our ability to serve our customers
- Partner with Data Engineers and Software Engineers to design products and systems to transform and store data.
- Explore / Enlighten
- Formulate and test hypotheses about how customers interact with channels, find interesting outliers, deep dive to explain why they happen, and identify fixes.
- Make Decisions or Recommendations
- Conduct written and verbal presentations to share insights and recommendations to audiences of varying levels of technical sophistication.
The ideal candidate should have excellent communication skills to work closely with stakeholders to translate business needs into methodology and data-driven findings into actionable insights. The successful candidate will be a self-starter comfortable with ambiguity, with strong attention to detail, and ability to work in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Master’s degree in Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Operations Research, Economics or a related quantitative field.
- Experience working with cloud data repository services such as AWS redshift
- Experience processing, filtering, and presenting large quantities (Millions to Billions of rows) of data
- 2+ years’ experience with Analytics and Process Improvement-related initiatives
- Demonstrable track record of dealing well with ambiguity, prioritizing needs, and delivering results in a dynamic environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working in R/Python
- Experience in cross-channel marketing is a plus
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.