Make A Real Difference At PropertyGuru.
Real Aspirations. Real People. Real impact.
At PropertyGuru Group, we believe that every person – no matter what their circumstance – should have a place to call home. That’s why we’ve been on a mission to transform how people find, finance, and own home across Southeast Asia over the last 13 years.
Voted by property seekers as “Asia’s Most Influential Brand for Online Property Search”, PropertyGuru enables real-world aspirations through digital transformation and constant innovation. Every day, the work that we do has a real and positive impact on thousands of lives.
As an employee, you’ll be empowered by our community work culture, where everyone has the autonomy, support, and resources to do the best work of their careers. As we evolve our journey to help people make confident property decisions, we stay true to our core values to guide the way we work and the decisions we make every step of the way: we own it and deliver it, we have fun and celebrate success, we respect and care for each other, we push beyond good, and we create what’s next.
For a full listing of our jobs, visit https://careers.propertygurugroup.com.
About the role:
Our Data Science team is empowered to build unique and compelling user experiences using machine learning and data. The work done by our Data Analysts are highly sought after as the business sees the Data Analysts as partners in their journey who drive and create tremendous impact to the business.
- You will be working collaboratively to use data to positively inform and influence the business decisions at PropertyGuru.
- You will use the data to create compelling narratives to help drive action. For example, why certain property listings get significantly higher page views than their peers? What actions do consumers/users browsing on the property take before they zero in on the right property? These are some of the many questions that get asked of our data analyst team in PropertyGuru. These questions drive our product development decisions and inform and recommend action items for the marketing and advertising campaigns.
- You will also be taking part to evaluate and report the key business metrics for the businesses. You will spend time to understand the drivers of the metrics to help the stakeholders understand the potential reasons and hypothesis for the changes. Some of these are related to the A/B experimentations that are performed on the users and products as part of their development.
- Since most of these analyses are driving important decisions, you will need to ensure that these analyses are repeatable and accessible to all with appropriate documentation.
- You will also be taking part to define, evaluate and report the key metrics for the various business functions. You will spend time to understand the drivers of the metrics to help the stakeholders understand the potential reasons and hypothesis for the changes. Some of these are related to the A/B experimentations that are performed on the users and products as part of their development.
- English language fluency is a must.
- Knowledge of SQL is a must. You will need to write custom queries to pull data from BigQuery to support your analyses and hypothesis.
- Minimum 4+ years of industry experience in working with large-scale datasets or working in a business intelligence or analytics unit.
- Build clear and simple dashboards and presentations. We currently use Tableau and Looker for reporting and visualizations.
- Communicate clearly and effectively to cross-functional business partners of varying technical levels
- Experience working with Google Analytics is a plus.
- Experience in Python, R, C++, Java, Go, Scala is a plus. This is not a must-have requirement, but good to have if you aspire to grow as a data analyst or eventually grow into data science role.
- Bachelor's degree in IT or relevant field. Alternatively, lesser qualifications with strong experience in data analysis will also be considered.
PropertyGuru Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative and learning environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to gender, identity, race, religion, nationality, age, marital status, disability, or any other protected status, per applicable law. If there is anything we can do to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.