Lead Data Analyst
As a Barclays Lead Data Analyst you will be accountable for data analysis. With a heavy emphasis on both analysis and communication skills, this senior analyst will be expected to work closely with the developers, Business Analysts in Market Risk IT as well as partner IT teams, and with stakeholders across Operations, Quantitative Analysis, Risk Management and Business functions to deliver robust design and technical solutions in a controlled, transparent, and actively risk managed fashion.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality, and innovation behind us. We've helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity.Working Flexibly
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognizes and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager, and your request will be reviewed subject to business needs.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. We’re flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. We also have a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally are able to request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances . Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.What will you be doing?
What We’re Looking For
- Working with the RFT project team globally and escalate any data issues, roadblocks or project risks to the Program Delivery Lead
- Conducting DQ reviews with analysts, developers and other stakeholders
- Working with the technology, Risk, Quant and Business teams and take responsibility for the timely implementation of the solution
- Writing business/functional requirements, data specification and test plan documents adhering to predefined standards
- Communicating directly with business analysts, project managers, and users understanding detailed business requirements at all stages of the SDLC
- Communicating effectively with the internal IT development teams and the local development manager
- Working closely with global team members in US and London – participating in and contributing to technical and business discussions
Skills That Will Help You In The Role
- Data analysis, cleansing, preparation, modelling, Data Quality and analytics
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, Visualization tools, Databases/SQL ETL, Reporting tools such as Microstrategy/Cube
- Sound problem solving ability, detail oriented, organizational skills and acumen managing multiple priorities and timelines.
- Hands-on roll-up sleeves attitude, self-starter, ownership, team player with ability leading others
Where will you be working?
- Experience in at least one risk discipline, understanding of reference data and capital markets products, Experience in Financial Services/Market Risk functions
- Knowledge of Automation tools (e.g Unix Scripts, DB, Python) and Ab-initio
At Barclays, we are proud to be redefining the future of finance and here at Whippany we are defining the future of the workplace and the future of the way we work and live. We are creating a unique community, one of four strategic tech-enabled hubs that will redefine opportunity for everyone who works here. Whatever you do at Whippany, you’ll have every chance to build a world-class career in this world-class environment.