At Bayer we’re visionaries, driven to solve the world’s toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none’ is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We’re doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining ‘impossible’. There are so many reasons to join us. If you’re hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there’s only one choice.
Data Scientist MA ML
“Health for all and Hunger for none” is our mission at Bayer. Every day, we are privileged to work on purposeful cutting-edge projects to bring our mission to life. Join us at Bayer to have a career that you can put your passion into practice and make an impact using Science for a better life.
For our IT EMEA Hub for Pharma in Barcelona we are hiring a ML Ops Engineer to strengthen the global Digital Transformation & IT – Pharma organization.
Our team works across all functions in Bayer from Medical Affairs to Pharmacovigilance to Regulatory Affairs and others. We solve hard analytical problems and build data science solutions with the mission to improve the overall efficiency and decision making in the company. The focus of this team lies in applications involving Natural Language Processing techniques and patient Real World Data but does not exclude other areas of advanced analytics. If you are interested in joining a dynamic team as a MLOps Engineer to ensure the data science enhanced digital products we are building are generating value in real life and are maintained also in the long run, we would like to hear from you.
As a MLOPs Engineer you maintain ML models in production reliably, improve the quality of production models and enhance and conduct the operations of ML models. You achive this by working closely together with Data Scientists and ML Engineers and use the flexibility of Cloud frameworks. You play the important role of assuring the long term success of ML initiatives.
Operate Machine Learning Applications in the Cloud, incl.
- Act timely and appropriately on notifications and alerts arising from our running Machine Learning applications
- Lead and execute on troubleshooting, debugging and incident management for our most novel digital products with a specific focus on Machine Learning pipelines
- Lead and conduct data analysis for troubleshooting of our Machine Learning system to timely identify the reasons for existing challenges and report the results to peers, management and business owners adequately and transparently
- Lead and execute the handling of ad-hoc incident events, e.g. pipeline errors of our ML system
- Lead and execute analyses and resolve interface issues
- Lead and conduct planned tasks such as model (re-) training and/or approval
Enhance the deployment and maintainability of Machine Learning models in the Cloud, incl.
- Design & implement processes which ease and automatize model deployment, e.g., CI/CD pipelines
- Propose and implement tools & frameworks which improve the maintainability of ML models in production
- Contribute to the establishment of an End-to End ML lifecycle, by taking the maintenance perspective into account
Develop Machine Learning systems in the Cloud, incl.
- Lead and conduct continous improvement and enhancements activities of our machine learning systems
- Contribute to the development activities of our data science products i.e. developing new features, working on bug fixes and/or bringing the operations perspective into ML projects
- Lead and handle change requests to make sure our data science products deliver the expected value to our patients and internal stakeholders the whole time
- Participate early in ML product development by formulating and implementing requirements which facilitate operations
Collaborate & communicate incl.
- Collaborate with Product Leads, Data Scientists and Machine Learning Engineerings to manage the entire lifecycle of our analytics product with a focus on operations
- Present crucial narrative to peers, management, and internal customers in order to create strategic and operational changes in business
Who you are:
You have experience or are at least passionate about operating machine learning applications in the cloud to bring the real value of Artificial Intelligence into life. You know what it means to provide technical support for existing Machine Learning platforms and applications incl. debugging complex machine learning applications and data pipelines. You like to build up, improve and actively use cloud-based monitoring infrastructures to automatize and monitor our Machine Learning systems and products.
Expert Level & previous working experience:
- Python Programming
- Machine Learning
- Standard Python ML Ecosystem Frameworks, e.g., scikit-learn
- NLP - previous working experience in NLP projects e.g., HuggingFace framework
Good knowledge & previous working experience:
- Data Engineering
- Design, implementation and maintenance of Data Pipelines
- Functional Programming
- Docker; experience in creating containerized tasks, e.g. on AWS ECS
- Experience in monitoring and operating cloud native ML systems
- Debugging of data pipelines
- AWS Services i.e. S3, Athena, Glue, ECS, ECR, Lambda, Step Functions, Sagemaker, CloudWatch, API Gateway, IAM, DynamoDB
- AWS Cost Management, AWS Monitoring capabilities
- Creation of above specified AWS Services via Terraform
- Certifications (one or more):
- AWS Certified Developer Associate (or equivalent)
- AWS Machine Learning Specialty Certification
- AWS Certified Data Analytics
- AWS DevOps Engineer
In the exchange we will offer you:
- A flexible hybrid work model (Home Office) including the option to work anywhere within the EU and 2 weeks/year outside the EU.
- Career development with wide access to professional development tools & trainings.
- Competitive salary, bonus & top performers awards on recognition in case of exceeding contribution.
- Subsidized meals in the office
- 2 additional annual leave days after 3 years in the company.
- Life & Accident Insurance
- 100% salary coverage in the event of medical leave
- In-house medical service at Bayer premises open 5 days a week for 8 hours.
- 24-hour psychological, medical, and social care for employees and family.
- Annual medical check-up
- Subsidized sports groups, physiotherapy service, online gym.
- At Bayer office: fitness room, parcel lockers, dry-cleaning/laundry service, bicycle parking.
Our inclusive culture at Bayer:
Bayer is an equal opportunity employer. We care about inclusion in terms of gender, age, race, skin color, nationality, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, background, physical or mental disabilities and on every other grounds. Applying for our position, we assure you that we will assess your application solely on the basis of your competencies.
This is your opportunity to tackle the world’s biggest challenges with us: Maintaining our health, feeding growing populations and slowing the rate of climate change. You have a voice, ideas and perspectives and we want to hear them. Because our success begins with you. Be part of something big. Be Bayer.
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.
Spain : Cataluña : Barcelona