- APS Level 6
- Canberra, ACT
- $88,114 - $96,895
The People, Culture and Capability Branch provides strategic advice and delivery of a wide range of people matters, services and initiatives, to support our Executive, our managers and our people. This includes workforce planning, remuneration and conditions policy, learning and development, workplace diversity, recruitment, workplace relations, performance management, conduct and health and safety.
The responsibilities of the Workforce Planning and Analytics team include:
- Strategic workforce planning informed by analysis of workforce data.
- Providing strategic advice on workforce matters and emerging issues to the Secretary, senior executive, departmental governance committees and broader APS.
- Partnering with business areas to ensure they have the workforce profiles to support the department’s business needs.
- Providing HR metrics and associated data visualisations to the department’s senior executive.
We have a new and exciting opportunities in our team for Data Analysts. As a successful candidate, you will be motivated and data-driven to develop, maintain and improve a range of people dashboards in business intelligence software. This critical HR information helps our senior executives make data-driven, evidence-based workforce planning decisions across the entire Department.
You will use your initiative to manage priorities and apply your expertise to achieve outcomes Your responsibilities may include:
- Gathering requirements and extracting data from the department’s HR system SAP.
- End to end development of new reports and modifications of exsting reports and dashboards, using Qlik.
- Design, construct and maintain Qlik data models.
- Test Qlik dashboards and confirm data accuracy.
- Troubleshoot data complexities and identify solutions.
- Assist the team and branch with data analysis through provision of relevant HR data.
Ideally you will have:
- Experience with Qlik or other business intelligence tool.
- Strong experience using Microsoft Excel.
You will need to be able to work under limited direction and manage a small team.
Application User Guide Opens in new window
Job Description Opens in new window